about the last castle's ending : spoiler

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Mar 13, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

dont read if you dont want spoiler.

what was the point of raising the flag at the end of the movie? is it that important? i just dont get the point.

2. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

I think it's because he was supposed to raise it upside down, but he didn't. My guess is that he wanted to ruin Col. Winter's reputation by making him lose control of the prison for no apparent reason.

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Actually ORIGINALLY it was suppose to have the ending of the flag flying upside down, but since 9/11, they reshot the ending and delayed the movie's opening.

4. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

yes, but what i dont understand, the general tried to raise in under the colonel's nose!!! and he had a gun! i dont get it.

i personally rate it a C grade movie. i enjoyed it even though there were a few things that i didnt like.

- i dont like the ending, it was silly.

- how come the prisoners were made to look really good while the officers were made to look bad, even though they were doing admirable job?

- american-soldiers-rock-the-world theme. boring. i almost believed that michael bay directed the movie.