About Edgar Winter Band's Frankenstein

Discussion in 'Music' started by Greg*go, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Does anyone know where you can find the 14 minute version of this song? The song came on in work the other day, and one of my co-workers told me about the "extended, every solo imaginable"-14 minute version of this song. I found evidence of it online, but I can't seem to find any info about where to get the actual version of this song anywhere.

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

I will have to look, but I have an original US LP from when this came out, and I don't think the version on the LP is that long, nor is the regular CD.

I did here a live version on XM, and they told me it was on a CD called "Live in Japan". Not sure that its 14 minutes there either, but it was a smokin' version, and I mean to track it down.

BGL

3. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Yes, the re-released single of the b-side of Hangin' Around was a 3:30 butcher job. Not sure of the total time on the b-side of Hangin' Around. I have the lp and cd, I will check times.

Many live versions run up and over 20 minutes. Maybe your friend heard one of these versions.

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Thanks guys. I'm going back into work this afternoon, and will be sure to ask more questions. Thanks to you 2, I know what to ask.

5. KevinJ

KevinJ Supporting Actor

i remember seeing edgar winter on a tv show back in the early 90's called jonathon brandmeier on the loose the version of frankenstein he did on that show ran between 8-12 minutes in length as i recall