? about 12V DV trigger switch....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rodneyH, Nov 23, 2001.

1. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I have a parasound 1800 pre/pro and a Rotel RLC 900 line conditiner that ALSO acts as a "switch" to turn on all of my other equipt. It worked with my old receiver by having a standard 3 prong plug that went to the back of the reciever (switch outlet) that triggered the unit to turn everything else on (very nice feature) and the other plug went straight tot eh wall plug to get the REAL power from, I have since got a parasound receiver that DOES NOT have the 3 prong plug outlet "switch" but has a small plug that says "12V DC trigger switch".

After e-mailing Rotel about it, they say that there is a "interfacing device" (a relay of some sort??) available to convert the formats. I called my local "audiophile" dealer that carries Rotel,and they knew less about it than I did (that always bugs me). So here I am asking you guys (I always get good help here). Does anyone know were I can get this "interfacing device" and anymore about it (I would just e-mail Rotel back, but it took them since Oct 2nd to answer my last e-mail???? PLEASE HELP (btw, the newer Rotel 976 pre/pro has the same problem)

2. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

Rodney:

Rotel is usually prett good about responding to email within 24 hours. A 12-volt trigger is nothing more than a very thin cord with a mini-plug on each end. I have the Rotel 976 and the RMB-1075 multi-channel amp. The 12-volt trigger plugs into the back of each. I paid about $3 for the trigger at Fry's Electronics.

3. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

Mark thank you very much for your responce. I think that my situation is slightly differnt than yours.

I need something that converts a MALE 3 prong (household) plug to a 12V DC trigger. How would i do that

Please, anyone help with advice!!