ABM at Target: WS cheaper than P&S!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick Pudar, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Nick Pudar

Nick Pudar Agent

I didn't believe it when I saw it, but at my local Target store, they had A Beautiful Mind Widescreen for $17.99 and the Fullscreen at $19.99.

I'm absolutely pleased, but I have to wonder why the differentiated pricing? Any ideas?

Nick

2. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

Just for the record, is the version of ABM that's out now the version we all want? Or is there going to be some kind of super-duper version coming out later?

3. Seymour Uranowitz

Seymour Uranowitz Stunt Coordinator

4. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

I also picked up my copy of A Beautiful Mind widescreen at Target for $17.99. The store I went to also had the full frame version for that price. By the way, this is a darn good price considering that Media Play had it for $22.99 and Wal-Mart had it for $21.88. Target also included a free A Beautifil Mind credit card-like calculator as part of the package.

5. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    This will probably be one where they drop the second disk somewhere down the road instead of coming out with a better version later.
    I bought mine at Target as well for $17.99. Was shocked to see the "Fullscreen" version for a higher price. Also included with the disc was a very high quality [​IMG] calculator. That little addition really sealed the deal for me to buy the disc. [​IMG]
    ps. The term Fullscreen still bothers me. It implies, to me at least, that you are getting more picture with the fullscreen version than you are with the widescreen version.

6. LeeL

LeeL Stunt Coordinator

7. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I would like to see more studios and retailers do this type of price difference. It might start encouraging people to give OAR movies a try. If they know certain people only want P & S, why not charge them more.

8. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks