What's new

Abilene Town - Randolph Scott's Region Free BD Shipping Now! (1 Viewer)

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
Panamint Cinema is pleased to announce the release of "Abilene Town" (1946) on Blu-ray, Region Free. The release is produced from excellent fine grain 35 mm material with a fully-graded scan to 2K HD and some then a little digital work.

BLU1009-3D-150.jpg

"Abilene Town" features Randolph Scott, Ann Dvorak, Edgar Buchanan and Rhonda Fleming in her first Western and is a tale of the conflict between cattlemen bringing herds to the railhead of Abilene, and incoming homesteaders wanting to farm the land. Marshall Dan Mitchell (Scott) with a little help from Edgar [Buchanan's sheriff, tries to hold the town together.

It comes with English subtitles and has a 16-page illustrated booklet including notes provided by Rhonda Fleming and Robert Nott, author of "The Films of Randolph Scott, and double-sided inlay with alternative designs.

BLU1009-3D-back-150.jpg

"Abilene Town" will be released on Rhonda Fleming's birthday, August 10th, as "Inferno" was last year!

Available to pre-order for shipping w/b August 10th at

http://www.panamint.co.uk/abilene-town-blu-ray-region-free-2946-p.asp

where a short low-res clip may be seen.

Russell Cowe

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
Panamint Cinema is proud to announce the release of its restored Region Free Blu-ray edition of "Abilene Town" (Edwin L. Marin, 1946).

Also featuring Rhonda Fleming in her second film and first Western, it is released today, August 10th on Ms Fleming's birthday.

I'm sure Rhonda would welcome birthday wishes at [email protected].

"Abilene Town" is in stock and all pre-orders have been dispatched.

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema

www.panamint.co.uk

Attachments

• abilene-flyer.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 126

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Was ready to pull the trigger, but 10 pounds ($16 US) for shipping was a bit much for me (about $38 US total for the item and shipping). Too bad because I like older Randolph Scott westerns and don't yet have this movie in any form.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
smithbrad said:
Was ready to pull the trigger, but 10 pounds ($16 US) for shipping was a bit much for me (about $38 US total for the item and shipping). Too bad because I like older Randolph Scott westerns and don't yet have this movie in any form.
I used Amazon to order from Panamit and it only cost me 14.16 pounds which is $22.00 in US currency.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Robert Crawford said:
I used Amazon to order from Panamit and it only cost me 14.16 pounds which is $22.00 in US currency.

Good to know. I checked Amazon UK first but it is currently stating the message "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." It also didn't list a price for what it was going for before it became unavailable. I'll add it to my wish list and hope more come in stock at some point. Even though more of a "B" western, I would be willing to spend the $22 US for a blu-ray of a Randolph Scott western. Thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
smithbrad said:
Good to know. I checked Amazon UK first but it is currently stating the message "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." It also didn't list a price for what it was going for before it became unavailable. I'll add it to my wish list and hope more come in stock at some point. Even though more of a "B" western, I would be willing to spend the $22 US for a blu-ray of a Randolph Scott western. Thanks.
If you use the Panamit site, it gives you an option during checkout to use Amazon.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Robert Crawford said:
If you use the Panamit site, it gives you an option during checkout to use Amazon.

Going through several steps of the checkout process multiple times I'm not seeing any option to go through Amazon. While I guess it's still possible I missed it, I'm guessing they may have removed the link since t appears Amazon no longer has any copies in stock.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
Regsrding shipping to the US - there was a glitch on our web site which charged shipping at £10.00. This has now been fixed and shipping is set correctly at £5.00.

So total cost to ship to US/Canada (UK tax deducted) is £19.16.

Apologies!!

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
ponset said:
More Randolph Scott westerns available on BLU, the better. :D
Yes, Warner Bros....your output this year has been great. A great number of us, however, is waiting for a Peckinpah set that would include RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY with Mr. Scott, plus THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE, PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID, and a new transfer of THE WILD BUNCH. Somehow I can't help but think you have such a set in the pipelines...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks