1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

ABC presentation of SOM

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by trajan007, Dec 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. trajan007

trajan007 Second Unit

Larry C Bender
    I could stand to watch only a few seconds of SOM last night. With the wrong aspect ratio[which I expected anyway] dirt all over the print--picture shake and a picture that looked like it was taken off VHS It made me sick. . You would think that ABC would take better care of a classic that they show on a yearly basis.

2. KPmusmag

KPmusmag Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Kevin Parcher
    I did hear the apron slap, however.

I cannot recall where, but I read that ABC made their own scan from a print of the film. I think that must have been before Fox did their hi-def version for blu. and ABC was broadcasting hi-def already (well, 720p anyway).

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Usually I watch the Blu-Ray the same night that ABC does its annual broadcast; I know it has plenty of detractors, but I love the look of the Blu-Ray.

This year, however, I had too many other things competing for my eyeballs. Might try to slip it in sometime between now and Christmas.

4. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    I didn't watch... but if it's the Sing-A-Long version, then I think.that's something ABC did ...

5. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I watched the live British production of the show on Great Performances a month or so ago, so I wasn't in the mood to see any version of The Sound of Music again so soon. The movie version is matchless for sure.

6. atcolomb

atcolomb Screenwriter

Angelo
    ABC does broadcast a very nice print of The Ten Commandments so they need to do better with The Sound of Music.

7. Garysb

Garysb Cinematographer

The apron slap can also be heard on the HDX streaming version from Movies Anywhere which is owned by Disney. The streaming version of course is the original aspect ratio. The slap is not heard on streaming version on VUDU.