What's new

ABC HD in western Nebraska?...believe it baby! (1 Viewer)

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yes my friends, as of today I am officially giddy. In September the local ABC tower fell over. No one nows why. I should not even say "local" because it was about 100 miles away and the reception really sucked. However, since they now have to get a new tower, they have announced that they will be putting up a new tower and will begin to also broadcast in HD at the same time. Now I need Dish to pick up the Fox HD and NBC HD signal and I will be in HD heaven.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
How did the affiliate broadcast after the tower fell over? Did they have a backup of sorts?

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
As of right now, they have no idea what caused it to fall. I know that the tower was the tallest tower (or one of the tallest) in the country. It was taller than the Empire State Biulding. Also, it was on some list for "climbers" as one of the great cllimbs or prestigious climbs in the country. It was out in the middle of nowhere.

Right now they have an agreement with someone else's tower. I do not know who or where it is located. However, it still looks terrible. It's a good thing that I get ABC from Dish or I would miss out on lots of football.

Just thought of something else I should point out. Basically, only people with cable (Charter Cable) get ABC now, fiberoptic line even. See, we are not THAT far behind everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks