What's new

ABC Developing 'Incredible Hulk' Series (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Incredible Hulk is muscling his way to primetime TV. ABC is in very early stages of development of a live-action series adaptation of the popular Marvel comic book character. There is no writer on board yet with search underway. Marvel, which was acquired by ABC parent Disney last year for $4 billion, started a major push in TV in June with the launch of Marvel Television whose goal was to adapt Marvel characters and stories to the small screen. Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb (Smallville) and his team quickly zeroed in on The Hulk, with rumors of a potential Hulk live-action series first surfacing in mid-summer.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/abc-developing-incredible-hulk-series/

MarkWK

Agent
I have a great idea for who can star in this!

We can get Bill Bixby to star as mild mannered Dr. David Banner and Lou Ferigno as the Hulk. I can even see Dr. David Banner saying "Don't make me angry, You won't like me when I'm angry."

Seriously...hasn't this been done already or was I dreaming?

Mark

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was just thinking the other day how the Hulk seemed better suited to television than movies. A return to TV would do away with all the military hardware and complex machinery of the recent movies and could focus on more human - and relatable - elements like the Bixby show did. Of course, any show would have a bigger budget than was possible in 1978, and more special effects are a given.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If it's on ABC, and No Ordinary Family is still around, they could do a crossover fight between the Hulk and the Chiklis character. It'd be the closest we'll probably come to a live-action Hulk/Thing fight.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
These seriously piqued my interest when I read it. Wonder what route they'll take with big, angry, green man?

DREAD CENTRAL: As ABC suffers through a pitiful fall television schedule that has seen nearly every new show flounder it's not surprising to hear that the Disney-owned network would turn to Disney-owned Marvel for a superhero show to hopefully hulk up their primetime ratings.

What might be surprising is the idea of a new "Incredible Hulk" series hitting airwaves as Marvel preps for The Avengers big screen flick with recently cast Mark Ruffalo as the latest incarnation of scientist Bruce Banner whose alter ego will feature a prominent role in the mega blockbuster.

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that ABC is currently in very early development of a new weekly live-action adaptation of "The Incredible Hulk". So early is the Hulk talk that there is no word yet of writers, producers, stars, or whether the plan will be for an all digital Hulk or if the angry green avenger will be brought to life via a painted-up muscleman as one done on CBS' "Incredible Hulk" series that aired from 1978-1982. Expect more details to emerge shortly.

Other shows the new head of ABC development has planned for next season's ABC fall schedule include a reboot of "Charlie's Angels", a series version of the Arnold Schwarzenegger/James Cameron 1994 film True Lies, and a racy drama from the creator of 90210 curiously titled "Good Christian Bitches".

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Damn, had no idea this news had already been broken over here. I was so excited to see this, I just rushed over, and made a blind post.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm a little surprised this is the title they decided to run with given the rather tepid response to the two Hulk movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks