ABC Dancing With The Stars Season 29 will replace hosts

Nelson Au

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
ABC has decided to change the course of the dance competition show in a new creative direction for DWTS and season 29 will have new hosts. Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews will not return, they were not asked to come back.

i think the series has lost its luster in the last couple of seasons and hasn’t been as compelling. It could be its run its course. It could be the stars they’ve invited and of course the departure of many of the Pro dancers has eroded fan interest.

i think this a mistake as Bergeron has been the solid and consistent host that fans rely on seeing. His departure is a mistake. But who knows, if they are re-tooling the show to attract new viewers maybe this will work. But I think it will alienate a lot of fans. No word on the judges yet whether they will change too.

It will also be interesting how the new season will deal with Covid 19 and keep everyone safe. I’ll tune in to see, but I don’t like this news.

NICKP91

Auditioning
Real Name
nick p
A total bummer I've been a fan of Tom Bergeron since hollywood squares in the late 90s

Reactions: RBailey

Nelson Au

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Tyra Banks is reportedly going to be announced as the new host Wednesday morning on Good Morning America.

Erin Andrews will not return either.

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Senior HTF Member
I think ABC is greatly underestimating how important Tom Bergeron is to the success of the show.

Whatever buzz they get from announcing a flashy new host will be shortlived, while the loss of Bergeron will lose the show viewers over the long term.

RBailey

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hall
A total bummer I've been a fan of Tom Bergeron since hollywood squares in the late 90s
I even go back further to the days when Tom hosted "Breakfast Time" on the original F/X network lineup. The best morning show ever until the Fox network grabbed the show and re-tooled it destroying its quirky nature. Look up the show on YouTube.

Nelson Au

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Agreed Adam. There is backlash already from the fans and past stars on the show.

GlennC

Agent
Real Name
Glenn
This really is pathetic. Tom Bergeron was the person that was the heart and soul of DWTS.

His ability to ad-lib was exceptional and is needed for a live show where you have to deal with anything.

I think the producers and ABC will live to regret this dumb move.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForsyDia