ABC 39-1 to air NYPD Blue tonight!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joel Smith, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Joel Smith

Joel Smith Agent

I was just informed by Chip Reif over at WFTV Orlando that this show will be aired tonight despite the frequent dropouts. They are still testing the signal and have not yet figured out the reason for the dropouts. I have informed Mr. Reif of this website and hopefully he will join in on some of the toppics. Make sure you all welcome him.

2. Andy Harris

Andy Harris Auditioning

I have the signal, 92+ on the scale with a few dropouts, any word on CBS and NBC?
    Andy Harris
    no TWC here!

3. Joel Smith

Joel Smith Agent

Andy, I have been in contact with Frank Torbert over at CBS and he has informed me that they will be up at the beginning of next month if the weather stays good. They have been having problems completing the tower. NBC is on the same time frame as CBS since they share the same tower. WB 18-1 will be up also at the beginning of next month. I was informed by the chief engineer over there that all local broadcasts will be shown in hd and everything else will be upconverted. He said he was getting increadible results and we would be very pleased with the results.
    On a side note to bad abc is having problems with the audio tonight. And have decided to turn the switch off. Looked really good while it was up, just sounded like dog crap.

4. Jim Benard

Jim Benard Stunt Coordinator

Don't forget Streisand tonight in all her 480p glory on Fox35. Too bad it won't be 5.1 [​IMG] It seems like we been on the short end for all the new good stuff like XFL, NBA-All Star, SuperBowl, etc. so at least tonight we get a good picture for a special event.

5. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

Hearing NYPD Blue in 5.1 is an amazing thing! Oh, and the picture looks pretty good as well ;-)
    ------------------
    [​IMG] Paul Warren
    Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs to Hellen Keller.

6. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

When did Fox go to 480p? I thought they were only doing 480i for the near future.
    Todd