What's new

Abbott & Costello Jack and the Beanstalk SE (1952) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Meanwhile , I wonder: any hope for the Abbott and Costello MGM films, Captain Kidd, or the Abbott and Costello Show ? Hopefully Furmanek will work on those as well.

The MGM films (Rio Rita, Lost in a Harem, and A&C in Hollywood) are all with Warner. You'd have to ask Warner Archive if they've got any plans for them for blu-ray (they're all on WAC DVD-R, along with A&C Meet Captain Kidd).

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I would love to watch my copy of AFRICA SCREAMS but, in spite of getting a shipping notice on June 29th, the only tracking info is that a "label" was created and the post office is awaiting it. Nothing since. I sent an email to shipping but am still awaiting a response.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I would love to watch my copy of AFRICA SCREAMS but, in spite of getting a shipping notice on June 29th, the only tracking info is that a "label" was created and the post office is awaiting it. Nothing since. I sent an email to shipping but am still awaiting a response.

Mine's in transit -- ETA next Tuesday (it's coming Media Mail) -- but it was five days from the "Shipping Label Created" status (June 30) to "Accepted at USPS Origin Facility" (July 4).

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
My Africa Screams has been sitting in the shipping label created position for a week already... Im really excited to see it, which is why I wish the USPS would hurry it up already. I really hate media mail because it is the worst and slowest service, and for less than a dollar more, it can be sent first class package. I suggest that for future ordering and shipping - it usually costs about 3.35 - 3.75 for first class.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My Africa Screams has been sitting in the shipping label created position for a week already... Im really excited to see it, which is why I wish the USPS would hurry it up already. I really hate media mail because it is the worst and slowest service, and for less than a dollar more, it can be sent first class package. I suggest that for future ordering and shipping - it usually costs about 3.35 - 3.75 for first class.

Take it from someone who knows...

Media Mail is a horrible, horrible mail standard.

Always opt for First-Class Mail over Media. When I worked for USPS that mail was essentially ignored. Furthermore, there were so many complaints about mail loss by customers due to the negligence that is put towards it.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

We don't like it either, but we have to compete with other sellers who use media mail as well as keep costs low to attract customers so our only options at this time are media mail or Priority Mail.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I also know, Ronald ! I wish vendors wouldn't use media mail for 6 ounce Blu Ray movies. I've had a few media mail parcels lost over the years, recently from Shout Factory with one of their collector's edition poster tube packages

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We don't like it either, but we have to compete with other sellers who use media mail as well as keep costs low to attract customers so our only options at this time are media mail or Priority Mail.

- David

David, I understand the reasoning for companies using it. I am not blaming you.

However, I am imploring potential customers who read this to go for Priority Mail then.

Otherwise, unless you are close to the shipping warehouse you can be waiting a long time for the package to arrive.

And again, it's not the fault of the company. It's the service itself. It is meant as a book shipping service and there is absolutely no priority put into getting that mail delivered.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Take it from someone who knows...

Media Mail is a horrible, horrible mail standard.

Always opt for First-Class Mail over Media. When I worked for USPS that mail was essentially ignored. Furthermore, there were so many complaints about mail loss by customers due to the negligence that is put towards it.

Back then tracking wasn't included. At least it's included now.

- David

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Mine says ....Expected Delivery by Monday July 13th ! ? : (

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Again for something that weighs 6 oz. first class package pricing isnt that much more expensive (1.00) than media mail. And people will get their items faster. A lot of vendors promote *fast shipping* instead of cost effective shipping. I guess it depends on what people want. Personally I think media mail sucks, because I should have had Africa Screams twice over by now if media mail wasnt the option. But next time Ill use priority mail, but first class package should be a third option ! :)
A lot of people use DiabolikDVD for their movies, and they charge 4.99 flat rate for 1 or more items.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
I’m not sure what VCI is using for AFRICA, but I can’t imagine them besting the 3DFA restoration; which is sources from a 4K scan off the camera negative.

They will not be able to top the 3DFA release, the results are stellar.
Unless, of course, they're already pirating what is in the Blu, but that's never happened before with this film, has it? <_<

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Again for something that weighs 6 oz. first class package pricing isnt that much more expensive (1.00) than media mail. And people will get their items faster. A lot of vendors promote *fast shipping* instead of cost effective shipping. I guess it depends on what people want. Personally I think media mail sucks, because I should have had Africa Screams twice over by now if media mail wasnt the option. But next time Ill use priority mail, but first class package should be a third option ! :)
A lot of people use DiabolikDVD for their movies, and they charge 4.99 flat rate for 1 or more items.
Recently a package was sent to me in Ohio from Oregon via media mail. Took three weeks to get to me.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I guess I didn't realize when I donated to the kickstarter that there was the option to upgrade the shipping. I didn't really "place" an order for the disc, per se, I just let the campaign do it for me. I should have paid more attention at the time. Oh well, as long as it gets here!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks