What's new

Pre-Order Abbott and Costello Meet The Invisible Man (1951) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Thankfully, I was able to get THE INVISIBLE MAN COMPLETE LEGACY COLLECTION Blu-ray set, so I will eventually get to view ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET THE INVISIBLE MAN (1951) in HD, probably next month. :)

CHEERS! :)
Hi Tony . I recall that you had a had a period where you weren't able purchase any films on DVD or Blu-ray . Since you were able to buy the 30 disc set , I'd guess that you are back "in the game " Welcome back !!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hi Tony . I recall that you had a had a period where you weren't able purchase any films on DVD or Blu-ray . Since you were able to buy the 30 disc set , I'd guess that you are back "in the game " Welcome back !!
I'm not sure where you got that idea, Lou. The Invisible Man Legacy Collection Blu-ray set was all that I've been able to purchase this year, and only with significant help of discounts, at that. I do currently have five of the six individual Universal Monster Legacy Blu-ray sets, and hope to eventually get The Creature set down the road, but our month to month funds remain rather tight.

Am looking forward to viewing The Invisible Man titles on Blu-ray, for the first time. I've also never seen the last three Pre Abbott and Costello features!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I
I'm not sure where you got that idea, Lou. The Invisible Man Legacy Collection Blu-ray set was all that I've been able to purchase this year, and only with significant help of discounts, at that. I do currently have five of the six individual Universal Monster Legacy Blu-ray sets, and hope to eventually get The Creature set down the road, but our month to month funds remain rather tight.

Am looking forward to viewing The Invisible Man titles on Blu-ray, for the first time. I've also never seen the last three Pre Abbott and Costello features!

s

Hi Tony . I sort of remember a post where you mentioned that your budget for the year would prevent purchases . ( A situation we all find ourselves in from time to time!). In any case, enjoy the Universal Monster BDs !

Last edited:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The Invisible Man movies, after the original, I have always found a sort of odd hodgepodge at best, especially the featherweight and light-hearted Invisible Woman, which is more screwball than scare. The wonkiness of the timelines and plots in all of the sequels (the 'discovery' of invisibility resurrected by people who seemingly don't or are unwilling to remember this was all done before...and with disastrous effects) really leaves one wanting for continuity. As stand alone pieces (meaning, if you choose to set aside what went on from movie to movie and just watch these as though the others in the series do not exist) they are moderately enjoyable. I just don't think they are as great as some of the other monster mashup franchises Uni spawned during their first golden period of cinematic horror.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The Invisible Man movies, after the original, I have always found a sort of odd hodgepodge at best, especially the featherweight and light-hearted Invisible Woman, which is more screwball than scare. The wonkiness of the timelines and plots in all of the sequels (the 'discovery' of invisibility resurrected by people who seemingly don't or are unwilling to remember this was all done before...and with disastrous effects) really leaves one wanting for continuity. As stand alone pieces (meaning, if you choose to set aside what went on from movie to movie and just watch these as though the others in the series do not exist) they are moderately enjoyable. I just don't think they are as great as some of the other monster mashup franchises Uni spawned during their first golden period of cinematic horror.
It would seem that Universal was doing a bit of experimenting with injecting screwball comedy in their early 1940s monster sequels (IE. THE MUMMY'S HAND), perhaps to attract a wider, more adult audience?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks