What's new

ABBA The Definitive Collection DVD has a few problems (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
ABBA The Definitive Collection DVD has a few problems. At least I found two so far.

In track 6, "I do, I do, I do", the video and audio breaks in the middle of the song.

I am trying now to find where the pixelation problem showed up. Yeah, it happened again in track 8, "Dancing Queen".

I am not complaining about the film quality, for the music clips are quite old. What I am talking about has to do with the DVD itself causing this pixelation problem. Pretty bad and very obvious problem. Don't this company have a QA department to see that simple things like this will not happen before it gets to the consumer?

I hope that it is just this copy and not a full lot. If all of them have these problems, where do I go to resolve it?

I will try to exchange it for another copy tomorrow, for sure. Let me see what Virgin Megastore says.

Please, if you have bought this DVD, let me know what you have experienced. Thanks.

Sincerely,
orestes.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I just got a new copy of this DVD, and it has the same problems as the first copy. I guess I will return it all together, and get my money back.

The sales rep at Virgin was very nice, and I hope that Universal listens to its customers, for this DVD is a piece of sh....

On the other hand, I feel bad, for ABBA is one of my favorite groups from my youth. Oh well, things happen when people don't do their job.

Sincerely,
Orestes Dago.
P.S. There's no reason to exchange it any more, for it seems the whole lot of DVDs is bad.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I've watched both songs through several times and don't see anything of the magnitude that you seem to be describing. Can you provide timings?

I've just checked my copy (via Toshiba SD-2109) in the chapters you've specified and only noticed a single instance of pixilization (no audio dropout though) at about the 17:31 mark, chapter 6. Occurs for less than a second, but is very noticable. "Dancing Queen" and the rest of the disc appears fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks