AB Not sending out replacements unless.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Xolotl, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your "Opera" DVD.
    We would like to replace your DVD disc of "Opera " as soon as possible. In order to do so we need
    you to return the defective disc. Once we receive the disc at our fulfillment center we will send
    you a corrected copy.
    Please send the disc only, we do not need the packaging!
    Remember to include with the disc your name, address and phone number so we may send you your new
    DVD!
    Please send the disc and your address information to the following address:
    Anchor Bay DVD Return Program
    PO Box 3500
    2633 Lincoln Boulevard
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

2. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

I was wondering how long it would take to appear on this forum. I just go this e-mail also. It's very frustrating that they could not tell us this from the onset. I wonder when I will ever get to see opera.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Adrian Jones

3. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

Just got my e-mail too. Ah well. Guess I'll be visiting the post office tomorrow after class.

4. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

It bites because they led us to believe that they would send out replacement discs no charge. We were told to put out personal info on their web form. Last week they sent me an e-mail stating the would send out the replacements this week. So now, we have to wrap up our discs and find a mailer and pay (well for postage) for our replacements. Argh!

5. Vince Chan

Vince Chan Stunt Coordinator

I would wager that this is because the page for Opera replacement DVD turned up on one or more "free stuff" web pages where millions of people probably signed up to get their "free" dvd :-P
    ------------------
    http://www.arcticcircle.ca/about.htm

6. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

I wonder if the e-mail we all got was legitimate? It seems a bit fishy.

7. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

I assume that the disc that we send back doesn't have to be well packed against damage or anything.
    As far as I know, DVDs are not recyclable...therefore AB won't complain if the disc arrives damaged or broken.
    Or am I wrong?????

8. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

I guess even if it arrives in 10 pieces, it will still prove you actually owned one.
    Still, it pisses me off that they told us these would be mailed to us with no trouble on OUR part-what with all the security issues with the mail these days this, could take WEEKS...

9. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

Is AB's pressing facility in CA? That's kind of weird since AB is headquartered near me in Troy, MI. Plus we had to send our Better Tomorrow discs to Troy to get replaced. I'm a little miffed at this since I have to waste my time and money to go mail this back so it ends up costing me more when they screwed up.

10. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

It seems fishy. But I suppose even if it's a hoax. What are you gonna do with your defective DVD anyways? If this is a hoax, AB would still be sending out good discs. We would be out about $1 in postage and some moron will have 1,000,000 frisbees.
    Anyway, the e-mail was sent out by The Regan Group, which seems to be a contractor (fulfillment). Although, the address we are supposed to send the discs to is not their HQ but some POB in Santa Monica.
    I did a quick reverse search on the address and came up with nothing. Used Microsoft Map program and shows that place is somewhere in an industrial zoning area (lots of auto repair shops).
    The Anchor Bay site still has the form to get a replacement disc.

11. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

If it was a hoax, how would they know which E-mail addy's to send this letter to????

12. TerryW

TerryW Stunt Coordinator

The Regan Group is located in Los Angeles:
    Regan Group, The (also listed as Premiere Marketing)
    3630 Holdrege Ave
    LOS ANGELES CA 90016
    310-842-3776
    There is also a website http://www.theregangroup.com/ but there is nothing really there and may be a dummy company. It appears to be a Marketing Co. and takes forever to load.
    The address where we supossedly send the disc back is:
    Anchor Bay DVD Return Program
    PO Box 3500
    2633 Lincoln Boulevard
    Santa Monica, CA 90405
    It's funny there should be BOTH a P.O. Box AND a regular address. According to Mapquest they are about 4 or 5 blocks apart and both about 10 miles from the Regan Group address.
    Sounds fishier and fishier.
    None of Anchor Bay's addresses or phone #'s match these. The closest is in Anaheim, CA and the e-mail is different as well.
    I would advise no one to send anything to this address until we get a confirmation from Michael Felsher at ABE.
    If this is a scam I still don't see the advantage of having thousands of people send you defective dvd's unless all they have are the names and e-mail addresses and they're trying to get the snail-mail addresses as well.

13. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

FWIW, I didn't receive such an email.
    ------------------
    "This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

14. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

15. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Arggh! They sure know how to... OK. I just had it in my hand ready to go to the post office. Glad I checked the forums [​IMG]

16. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

I'm curious as to why we received the emails anyhow. Was it a scrapped plan or was their database compromised by someone who has a craving for defective discs?