What's new

Aaliyah Fans Cheated!!! (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
New Aaliyah DVD by Universal & Blackground Records cheats fans. Aaliyah's new CD entitled "I Care 4 u" which also includes a DVD of her videos, the picture quality is a little better than VHS IMO. I compared the new DVD with her previous DVD which was packaged with her self titled "Aaliyah" CD. This DVD looks sharp and clear as opposed to the one that came with the "I Care 4 u" CD.
It's a shame that Aaliyah's record companies decided to release what essentially looks like a VCD as a DVD. When they could have released a better looking product to her fans that looked equivalent to their earlier release.
BTW I bought this CD/DVD on sale for 9.99 at Best Buy today :angry:.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Maybe you're the only one who cares? Others are possibly happy they have the videos at all. If not, and they want to be vocal, I assume they'd speak up.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Maybe you're the only one who cares?
I care even though this is a DVD that I probably won't purchase. The reason I care? Simply because it makes me happy when so called "limited-appeal" titles get treated properly. There are some titles that I have that most wouldn't even think about purchasing, but I feel fortunate that their quality is exceptional.

An example of this is Zardoz. I mean how many people were hoping for a SE (let alone a barebones release)? I just think it's really cool that there has been an exceptional release of this title for the true fans of the film. I think all titles, regardless of thier appeal, should be released using the best possible materials and treated like a SE. You never know when a title that may appeal to you, although not to most, will get released. And when that happens, wouldn't you hope for the best? Or simply accept a sub-par product because it has "limited-appeal"?

Feel the love.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
BTW I bought this CD/DVD on sale for 9.99 at Best Buy today
How can you complain at that price for a CD plus a bonus DVD? If this is like other releases, the DVD is just a limited time promotion to be packaged with the disc, meaning high quality is not a priority if there will be no return on investment. I wish we were lucky enough to get every CD at 9.99 and a bonus DVD as well in whatever quality.
J

StephenC

Stunt Coordinator
Reginald,Is the new dvd different than the one released last year?I thought they were the same.
It is a shame that the quality of the dvd stinks.I was hoping that the videos were in 5.1.A great cd but,I agree,a lousy dvd.

Matt Shiv

Agent
I work at an alternative rock radio station, but am a fan of Aaliyah...so I called Universal to get a copy of this cd. I didn't even realize it came with a dvd until I got it and was pretty excited to have a video compilation.

Like you, I was incredibly disapointed in the quality of this disc. I am not sure about the technical aspects of putting something like this together, but it is pretty awful.

While I do understand that this was a "value-added" item, I almost would have preferred a seperate video compilation to buy at additional cost. At least that would have been of higher quality. It seems to me that there have to be pretty decent broadcast quality copies of these videos for MTV and BET airplay, so it is disapointing that most of the videos on this collection are of such poor quality that they look as though they were transferred from vhs.

The fact that you can't 'play all' and always have to go back to the menu annoys me too, but that's another story.:)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Justin Lane quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW I bought this CD/DVD on sale for 9.99 at Best Buy today
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you complain at that price for a CD plus a bonus DVD? If this is like other releases, the DVD is just a limited time promotion to be packaged with the disc, meaning high quality is not a priority if there will be no return on investment. I wish we were lucky enough to get every CD at 9.99 and a bonus DVD as well in whatever quality.
--------------------------

I suppose there would be no need to complain if record companies decided to sell CDs with audio quality of the poorest sounding MP3s? Even though they sold it inexpensively without any mention of the poor audio quality. Sounds absurd huh? Yeap, it is. So why should Aaliyah fans accept a poor quality DVD when her record company has better versions available to release?

Moreover, the release of this poor quality DVD might delay the release of new higher quality Aaliyah DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks