AAARGH!! (Or Hesitation killed the cat)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

I saw this deal for two subwoofers for sale for.....$ 45!!!
    And they were new Wharfedale ones!!!
    And while i ummed and aahed and thought about whether i'd be able to connect my speakers to these, someone else took `em! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You guessed it, the site was ebay, the perpetrator another ebayer, and the weapon of choice Buy It Now.
    Aaargh, next time i see a deal i'm going to buy it as soon as i see it!!! [​IMG]

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Ouch...

personally i love the BUY IT NOW option... beats the hell of waiting at the computer trying to outbid somebody...

3. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

the buy it now feature is pretty cool but i find most sellers way over price items when they use the buy it now feature. i've always used it as a sort of false reserve, stating the least i'm willing to take as the buy it now price and beginning the auction at $2.00 with no reserve. nine times out of ten, the item will sell for more than the buy it now price i listed it as.

kevin t

4. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

5. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

missed on a Klipsch academy like that, by the time I had got home from work and logged on and got the notice that some one was selling one, it had already been bought with buy it now for $250 AAARRRRGGGGG[​IMG]