Aaaayyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Jay H, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Almost done, but better than that.... IT'S WORKING!!!!!

Just finished the final touches of installing my used JL 300/4 amp and XR650CSi (last year's model) in my MR2 Spyder.... Did all the work myself and ran completely new 12g wire to the doors and from my head unit, which currently is stock. After a bad fuse, and an oversight with the woofer wiring, I finished it tonight. I just have to set the sensitivity, put the door panels back on the doors, and screw in my console frame on the unit that I had to remove to get to the wiring harness. Oh and put the driver seat back in.

But, just happy that everything is working and I didn't blow the car up. I've got so many other projects I can do, audio-wise. I want to add a small sub somewhere, get a new head unit. I'm pretty much ready for the sub, as the 300/4 is a 4 channel amp and I'm only using 2 channels now since the MR2 only has 1 set of speakers. I can use the other two channels bridged and then set that to drive a 6" or 8" sub with enclosure. The MR2 folks seem to recommend a UD Sub, which is an under the dash sub in the front to save whatever precious cargo space there is, less now with my amp in one of the cubby holes. But that is somewhere down the line.

Jay

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Strange how it is 10 times faster to put things back together than taking it apart, put the dashboard back together, the door panels to the door, vacuumed both floors, and finally the driver seat back in. Took about 1.5 hours as opposed to almost a whole 8 hour day to take things out.

All done, tomorrow I go for a test drive and set my sensitivity.

Jay