What's new

A24 Stop Making Sense Restoration 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Of course, in 2024, there's a Reddit thread devoted to Found A Job...

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Of course, in 2024, there's a Reddit thread devoted to Found A Job...

Hah:

"The band considered Found a Job to be the archetypal Talking Heads composition to this point of their careers, with sections composed individually and then pieced together after the fact."

Don't know what the source for that is, but if it's true, then they're on the same page as me!

More Songs About Buildings and Food is probably my overall favorite of all their albums.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
We had some friends over last night to screen this, and DAMN!!! It's been years since I've watched Stop Making Sense, and I'd forgotten how much sheer ENERGY Byrne unleashes in this film. He's unstoppable! The intensity and precision of his vocals, his guitar playing, and his movements are a wonder to behold, and the new Atmos track is to die for. We were dancing. So many years later and these performances are still absolutely astounding.

Thank you, A24 and Talking Heads!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Sooo... this is a (very?) substantial upgrade from the old BD then? And exclusively available direct from A24? I guess this might be one rare case that "forces" me to spend over $50 (as we discussed in Ron's thread about as-yet-unreleased, coveted 4K titles)... :P

Interestingly, it's only $5 diff between the BD and 4K (despite being 3-layer BD100?)... or I might go w/ the BD... Gonna need to mull this over -- helps I guess that I didn't spend the $ to see it on the somewhat recent theatrical re-release... :lol:

_Man_

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Sooo... this is a (very?) substantial upgrade from the old BD then? And exclusively available direct from A24? I guess this might be one rare case that "forces" me to spend over $50 (as we discussed in Ron's thread about as-yet-unreleased, coveted 4K titles)... :P

Interestingly, it's only $5 diff between the BD and 4K (despite being 3-layer BD100?)... or I might go w/ the BD... Gonna need to mull this over -- helps I guess that I didn't spend the $ to see it on the somewhat recent theatrical re-release... :lol:

_Man_
The picture and audio detail on the 4K UHD are even better than they were on mint film prints, during the original theatrical release. Night and day improvement over the old blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynPaulFan1961
Recent bookmarks