A Walter Hill Appreciation Thread...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kilduff, Oct 29, 2002.

1. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Oct 27, 2001
    In my opinion, Walter Hill doesn't get enough mention as a good filmmaker, and I'm quite puzzled by that.
    His films have a look, sound and feel to them that's quite unique. Hard-charging action fused with thoughtfulness and humor are what I see when I watch a Walter Hill movie.
    The man is a terrific filmmaker, and so, with the moderator's permission, could we have this be the official "Walter Hill Appreciation Thread"?
    John Kilduff...
    His behind-the-scenes crews are impeccable as well.
  2. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

May 9, 2001
    Elizabeth S
    I'm so glad to see someone mention him. I LOVE his films and feel he was the preeminent "adventure" director for a span in the 80's. "Streets of Fire", "The Warriors", "Southern Comfort" and "The Long Riders" are my Hill favorites. I feel the first two are classics, though I love the other 2 just as much. (Own them all and would have "Extreme Prejudice" if it wasn't FS).
    "Southern Comfort" got that "Deliverance in the bayou" label when it first came out, but I think it's such a terrific premise and sustains such tension. "The Long Riders" -- what a casting coup, which just adds to the realism of the film. That ambush in the streets with the sound effects and slo-mo is a terrific sequence. "Streets of Fire" has that fabulous look and soundtrack, which I STILL regularly listen to to this day. It's been the longest since I've seen "The Warriors", but I finally got the DVD. "Warriors, come out and play!" [​IMG]
  3. Tony Stirling

Tony Stirling Stunt Coordinator

Jan 21, 2000

The Warriors!! Gotta love it!! This was a high school new year's eve classic for me and my friends. Haven't seen the DVD, but heard it did the film justice. Ah, good stuff. Haven't seen that one in ages!