A Walk to Remember... How is it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Feb 15, 2002.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but i did a search and i could only find one thread with one reply to it...
    anyways, how was it? I might wanna see this, but im real low on $ and dont wanna waste my time and money on it...
    All my friends say its REALLY REALLY REALLY good, and real sad, but still very good... But they're all like normal run-of-the-mill teenagers...
    What do you film buffs have to say about this? [​IMG]
    Thanks

2. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Mine is certainly not positive and therefore not worth your time. There's a LOT better to see in Vancouver, I can assure you of that. [​IMG]
    Here's my summary from the 2002 Film List update:
    A Walk To Remember To its credit, Adam Shankman's weepie about two lovers from opposite side of the tracks, she a Uber-Christian, he a rebel "homie", has some very good performances, and even a few interesting scenes between the lovers. Still, the film derails itself in the last half hour with an annoying plot hook that is foreshadowed far too early into the film, and makes the film as enjoyable as drinking a glass of syrup.
    Mandy Moore is surprisingly good playing such a sweet and likable character, except she can't even lipsynch her own songs, she looks more beautiful as the film progresses, and she looks like she's 12. All said, she looks much more radiant without all the damn makeup that populates her music videos and smarmy picture spreads. Shane West looks a little too old to be both in high school, but is a promising young actor.
    It's one of those "Has its moments" kind of films that will most likely leave your mind 10 minutes after you leave the theater.

3. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Good movie but a definate chic-flick. One that I will buy on DVD but not see again in the theaters. Do not go see this movie without a girl there to enjoy it with you.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So