A Vulgar question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jimmy M, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Vulgar has been released in two versions. The theatrical version and the R rated version. I find this a bit unususl, as typically the theatrical version IS the R rated version.
    I haven't seen the film at all, so can anybody tell me the differences between the two? I'm guessing that the theatrical (unrated?) version would be the one to purchase.
    I'm primarily getting it for the Dogma documentary. I know that the movie, according to some, is not good at all, so I don't need people replying telling me how they enjoyed/hated the movie.
    Thanks!

2. BooneG

BooneG Stunt Coordinator

Actually you are mistaken. The Unrated version is the theatrical version. As for the differences, they are small and minor. A beer bottle to the head had to be cut to get an R rating. Also the word "cockpouch". The unrated dvd is the only dvd that has the commentary, the rated version doesn't.

3. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

BooneG,

Thanks for the info. If you re-read what I wrote, I indicated that there was the theatrical version and the R rated version. I found it odd that the theatrical version would be the unrated one. Why would they have to submit it for an "R" rating?

Jimmy!

4. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

5. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell