What's new

A vrey cool box set for the hulk movie, but for region 2 and 4.. Why Universal? (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Region 2 and region 4 get this box set for the hulk movie. it includes a third disc with the scifi channel special. this site has a picture of the box set. Hulk might not be a favorite movie for everyone.. there are a group of fans.. if you are not a fan.. please do not remark about you hating the movie. I would like to keep this civil... thanks for understanding. http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/224668

Jacob

from www.dvddebate.com

Universal will be releasing a special 3 disc ultra-limited edition of summer blockbuster The Hulk this November 5th complete with exclusive prints and comics.
While the first 2 discs will contain the same specifications as the regular special edition, this version will arrive with an extra bonus disc as well as some limited edition prints and a reprint of the Hulk #1 comic. Full specs for the extra disc and other included goodies can be can be seen below
Hulk - The Lowdown - An In Depth Look Behind The Scenes Of The Movie - A 45 minute documentary hosted by Sam Elliot & Josh Lucas
Limited Edition 'Money Can't Buy' Prints Of The Hulkified Scene - ‘You’re Making Me Angry’ Scene #84 interpreted from the screenplay by 4 Acclaimed Illustrators from around the World. The prints are contained within a silk covered booklet with an embossed front cover
10 Limited Edition Superior Quality Prints - 10 Unique Pieces Of Storyboard Artwork, very high quality and detail
The Incredible Hulk Marvel comic - Reprint #1
Production Notes Booklet - Will include preparation artwork from the storyboard showing scenery and character development work

I have no idea if this set is exclusive to the R4 market, but it certainly looks an enticing proposition. RRP is expected to be around the $90 mark.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
what is your take on the other marvel comic books? spidey, x-men, daredevil, blade?

JACOB

Richard Waller

Second Unit
X-Men is my personal favorite so far, followed by Blade, Daredevil and then Spiderman. Overall, I think superhero movies are good popcorn flicks, but I just never got around to seeing Daredevil or The Hulk in the theater.

For every action movie we see, I have to let my wife choose a romantic comedy. And we all know how many of those get released in the summer. :D

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
hulk more like an art film like a beautiful mind then just your standard action movie.. people complained it was more drama then action. Its about fathers and their children. Its more of an adult movie then Spider-man. there are some action, just have to be patient.

JACOB

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I would like the 45 minute BONUS DISC, but other than that, it doesn't make a difference to me.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the 45 minute bonus disc.. is the scifi channel special that aired this past summer.

JACOB

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Yea, I was going to say no big deal since I saw that special but that "different illustrations" of the "you're making me angry" scene sounds amazing.

Doug

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
what are you waiting for? send the e-mail to universal saying that you would. It won;t happen without your support.

universalstudios&[email protected]

JACOB

Real Name
Anthony
Am I missing something ? Where does it say that this disc is coming out in R2 ? There's been no announcement of thsi that I've seen.

If it's R4, we'd have to import and, at that price, our friends at Customs will be quite happy to slap on an extra tenner.

RobD

Second Unit
Anthonys right,

This disk hit a bit above the £18 threshold for us Brits and hence is taxable and service chargeable and hence silly price for an extra disc.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
www.blackstar.co.uk has a listing for the hulk box set. It doesn;t list the items that come with it like the region 4 has. I would assume its the same.

JACOB

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
If it's R4, we'd have to import and, at that price, our friends at Customs will be quite happy to slap on an extra tenner.
But don't forget that you can also deduct 9% from the listed price if you are ordering from outside Australia, as you won't have to pay the Australian VAT.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
This disk hit a bit above the £18 threshold for us Brits and hence is taxable and service chargeable and hence silly price for an extra disc.
Are you guys in the UK nabbed all the time for import duty or is it just once every so often? I live in Ireland and in the three years I've been importing I've only been asked to pay import duty once ( and that was for a box over $200 )
As regards the 3 disk Hulk set, if it's a Universal release then I suspect it'll be dual coded r2/r4

Real Name
Anthony
It depends who you order from, Sean. For instance, the upcoming Fox Studio Classics box set (the one including SUNRISE) seems to be only available from Amazon. I've been hit more ordering from them than from any other company - I guess because their packages are pretty conspicuous. You'll mostly get away with discs that just exceed the £18 limit but I've found that box sets are almost certain to get hit.
I got burned on WAR AND PEACE and THE HITCHCOCK COLLECTION to name but two.
Since ordering from CDWOW, PLAYUSA and MOVIETYME I've had no problems. They manage to circumvent it somehow, and CDWOW offer to reimburse you for any duty you have to pay, which makes sense for everyone.

BTW - the HULK box set is also listed at Amazon for £22.48 to pre-order. No specs either but it's probably the same set. Phew !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks