What's new

A Very Simple Request to Warner Home Video (1 Viewer)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
How difficult would it be to lable two-sided discs with something so simple as "side A" or "side B"? For example on the current "Dr Zhivago" disc the only difference between the A and B sides is that the catalog number ends with an A or B in small type. The same is true on "Ben Hur" and "Superman". Now "The Wild Bunch" from the dark ages of DVD is clearly marked with side info. Surely the ink doesn't cost that much.

James D S

Screenwriter
This is one of my biggest gripes with dual-sided discs - the micro-type.
If companies insist of dual-sided discs they should at least label them as conveniently as as that tiny hub band allows.
In low-light situations, the situation most of us watch movies in, it's difficult to make out that cryptic ring of tiny letters. I can't imagine how difficult it is for our more seasoned members. ;)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I found out too late that Dr. Zhivago's credits aren't in the middle of the movie. I also found it odd that Judah Ben-Hur is put into the galley after the chariot race. :D
Actually, I think the sides do need to be marked better. I don't keep a magnifying glass next to my TV.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to know why Warner always insists on putting the widescreen version on side B and "standard" on side A?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks