What's new

A very quick question about X-MEN 1.5's video (1 Viewer)

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
Digital Bits says that the video has been retransfered and looked better. IGN said it's the same video transfer. Who is right?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
IIRC, DVDfile also says that it's the same transfer. It definitely looks the same on my setup, but I can't be 100% sure either way. The first transfer was so good that if it was re-transfered, it probably wouldn't look too different (unless they changed the color timing or something).

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
the new transfer looked a little more three dimensional to me. The old one was no slouch, but the new one had a nice smoothness to it and film like appearance...just beautiful.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the 1.5 is much better then the first release.. the picture might be the same, but it has an awesome new menu, and also new DTS track.. and of course alot of extras.. the commentary was really good too.. so was the extras.. I say its a no brainer on getting the 1.5

JACOB

Luis A

Second Unit
No doubt. The DD on the first release was great, but DTS on the 1.5 disc kicks ass. Definitely the preferred version.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Argh! Fine, you twisted my arm. I can't resist anymore. I'll get the 4-Disc Collector's set come November. I was just gonna pickup X2, but now X-Men 1.5 is callin' my name...

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
1.5 Looks like the same transfer but spread out over more space (the first DVD had a bunch of extras on one disc).

Doug

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I dont remember what the first version looked like but all I can say is I didnt care for the movie much until I saw/heard the 1.5 version, now its one of my reference movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks