1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A/V stores in and around Pittsburgh?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Samonte, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I'm shopping for a Toshiba 65HX81 or H81. I have been looking online but will probably try a B&M store. Does anyone know of reputable stores in and around Pittsburgh. I know BB sells them but I'd like to haggle on the prices as well.
    ------------------
    Eric Samonte
    Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!
    [Edited last by Eric Samonte on September 24, 2001 at 10:49 AM]

2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    When I was looking at RPTVs last fall I was interested in the 56" Toshiba (56H80). I stopped in at Audio Junction, 2967 West Liberty Ave., in Dormont (about two miles south of the Liberty Tubes which lead right into Pittsburgh). They had the 56" Toshiba on display. I didn't really talk price at that time since I was still just looking and wasn't ready to buy.
    Another place, Digital Visions by Triangle, is only a block away (2880 West Liberty), but I don't know if they carry them (their yellow pages ad says Toshiba, but not sure about RPTV).
    After seeing the Pioneer Elites, I ended up buying a 58" 610HD from The Stereo Shop in Greensburg (east of Pittsburgh, close to where I live, closer to Punxy too). They don't carry Toshiba, just Sony and Elites. I would highly recommend them. I was able to negotiate a very good price on the Elite, as low as any internet site, and they were a local authorized B&M. They will arrange to ship anywhere too.
    Phone numbers:
    Audio Junction, Dormont, 412-563-4747
    Digital Visions, Dormont, 412-561-1115
    The Stereo Shop, Greensburg, 724-834-2074
    Others to call (based on Pittsburgh yellow pages ads):
    Audio Communications, Route 22 in Monroeville, 412-856-4600
    Better Sound Concepts, Perry Hwy in Wexford, 724-935-5800

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter