What's new

A/V Recievers and their USB Connections? (1 Viewer)

Damian Giddins

Auditioning
I was looking at buying a surround amp which also happens to have a USB connection on it.
Exactly what can i expect to do with the connection?
Will it be just an input, or an output as well?
I.e. will it just let me play stereo through it or can the receiver 'fake' it into 5.1

The main contender has been the JVC RX-8022R. Sound ok?

Thanks for any help

Skiddins

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I noticed that the Pioneer site says that the VSX-45TX has a USB port on it but can find no info on what it's for. the higher models 47TX and 49TX don't have a USB port but they came out almost a year ago.

Daniel Smith

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
MarkO seems to have it right. Crutchfield's sells an HK USB-to-coax adaptor to bring MP3's from a PC to your receiver.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I 've seen that but I know the 45tx says it doesn't do mp3's. That adaptor is to only transfer it digitaly whcih means the receiver will have to have an mp3 decoder built-in. I thought maybe it was for upgrades or maybe connecting the remote for upgrades kindof like the rs-232 port but faster.

Daniel Smith

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator
FYI

The Rotel RSP-1066 has the ability to decode raw mp3 format as well. Just my 2 pennies.

Kris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks