What's new

A/V receiver advice (1 Viewer)

wall

Auditioning
Real Name
wall
I am dumping my Onkyo TX-SR601. The Onkyo will not drive my 2 pair of Infinity RS-3b speakers so I'm looking for something with a huge power supply. Also it must have HDMI. I'm budgeting that is hoping to spend less than 2k.

Hitachi 60V500a LCD Rear Projection
Center: Klipsch RC35
Sub: Klipsch RW10
Front: Infinity RS-3b
Rear: Infinity RS-3b
HD DVD: Toshiba HD-A1SN
CD: Audio Alchemy ACD-1 w/DAC
VHS: Sony SLV-790HF
A/V Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR601
2 CH. Amp: B&K ST2020
Preamp: B&K CS-117
Power: Monster HTS 3500 MKII x 2
Cables: Transparent Cable CO, Monster

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Wall. I'm going to move your post to the "Receivers" fourm where you may find better advice on current, 2K receivers.

serrada

Auditioning
Real Name
Colin
I had the same problem with an Onkyo receiver years ago. I had some Klipsch KG4 speakers and the Onkyo had issues runing them. I the problem was the speakers were 4 or 6 ohm. I cant remember the exact number. Anyway I got a Yamaha RV receiver which could handle down to 4 ohm speakers at the time and the problem was solved. Is it an issue with low db or low ohm speakers?

wall

Auditioning
Real Name
wall
It is a problem with the Ohms The woofers are twin 10's" wired as a 4 ohm load.

serrada

Auditioning
Real Name
Colin

Does your receiver have pre-amp outputs? If so I'd get a used amp on ebay. Like an old Caver,Adcom, Nad etc. A seperate amp will be best.

Also, on the current Yamahas I'm not sure if they still say they can power speakers with 4 ohms, but I'd look in to the higher end RX-VXX receivers. It worked for me.

I my self am waiting on the new receivers to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks