A/V Furniture

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Noel G, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Noel G

Noel G Auditioning

I just got rid of my huge oak entertainment center to change it with a much smaller TV stand with shelves to accommodate 4 to 6 full size components.
    I would like to know if anyone here uses the same setup, which furniture manufacturer they've chosen and how they like what they have. I am considering offerings from Bello, Sanus, Atlantis and Salamander.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    NOEL

2. ChrisB

ChrisB Stunt Coordinator

I just got my new Salamander A2 audio and TV rack last week- http://Audioadvisor.com/store/produc...ku=SALA2TVHPKG
    I also got my new A5 twin rack in today- http://Audioadvisor.com/store/produc...u=SALA5HTWIN36
    These are closeouts, and are very reasonable. I got the A5 rack to use as a normal 5 shelf rack(alot cheaper than the 5.0 all by itself) The hazelnut finish is being discontinued along with the oak(which is a little more)
    I am very happy with the rack, it took alittle while to put together, but it is sturdy. So for less than 300 bucks I got a TV stand with 2 shelves for DVD's, and a 5 shelf audio rack. What is nice is that you can combine the two racks anyway you can dream up.
    As for Audio advisor, I am extremly happy with them, they were promt with delivery, pleasant to talk to, and answered all my questions. I ordered my Denon 3802 a few weeks ago from another internet site(lets go digital) and will never order from them again.

3. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

I also have the Salamander A5 rack in black and have been very pleased. It is very sturdy, flexible and looks good. It is also inexpensive at around $175. [​IMG]

4. Noel G

Noel G Auditioning

Thanks for the replies!
    I receive Audio Advisor's catalog but didn't see these units there. They are nice, especially for the price. Unfortunately, I have a 36" TV. The Salamander A/V rack I liked from their catalog (I forgot the model#) can hold up to a 40" TV along with 6 A/V components. The price ranges from $500-$850 depending on options installed.
    With the information I got here, it appears I definitely have to take my time and shop around.
    Did you guys consider other brands before going with Salamander?

5. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

NOEL,
    CHECK OUT BOLTZ.COM. THEY MAKE REAL COOL STEEL RACKS FOR CDS/DVDS AND STANDS FOR COMPONENTS. THEY SEEM REASONABLE IN PRICE, AND THEY LOOK PRETTY COOL IF YOU ARE INTO THE NEO-INDUSTRIAL LOOK. THEY COME IN NATURAL STEEL W/A CLEAR FINISH, OR BLACK. PLUS YOU CAN "BUILD YOUR OWN" STANDS. THEY OFFER THE ABILITY TO BE ADDED ON TO AS YOUR EQUIPMENT/COLLECTION GROWS.
    CHRIS

6. Noel G

Noel G Auditioning

Thanks for the info, Chris!
    I really liked their designs - slim but very strong. The TV-X stand is now on top of my list. I will still look around for another two weeks but I will probably end up getting it. I also liked their CD and multimedia racks.
    Their prices are very close to the ones I've considered before so they're definitely my top choice now.
    Thanks again.
    NOEL

7. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Noel,
    Glad you enjoyed the Boltz stuff!! I'm thinking about buying the DVD rack for 229. I too think their stuff looks great. A much needed relief from the traditional looking HT furniture.
    Chris