What's new

A true poll! Who else besides me is not going to see AOTC (1 Viewer)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
OK - I'm not here to bash the SW franchise and I realize that many, many people love this saga. I'm just curious to see just how in the minority I actually am considering that I have ZERO interest in this film. A friend dragged me to Ep. 1 and I was bored to tears, but feigned interest so as not to be a downer to my fanboy buddy. :)
So - who else will not see this movie at all, or will wait and rent it?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
While I'm not sure if it'll be great, I'll probably see it twice.
It's a weird ritual, but I saw SW, TESB, ROTJ, and TPM twice each in the theater.
The trailer looks pretty good and I'm at least eager to see how it looks.
Why? I work at a theater showing it. :)

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
Well my local theater sucks, only stereo. so I usually wait until movies come out on DVD. But I told my daughters(5 and 3)I would take them. So I guess we'll drive an hour so we can watch it it all its DD glory!!

Mike

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I didn't see Episode 1 until it came out on video, but I'm a bit more excited for this one. Plus, my girlfriend is a big SW fanatic, so we're definitely going to go at least once. Probably this weekend, though we might wait until mid-week to avoid huge lines.

James RD

Supporting Actor
I won't pay to see it. No interest. I might borrow the DVD from an adict friend of mine at some point.

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
I won't pay to see it. What'll probably happened is what happened with the last one: one of my roomies will buy it when it comes out on dvd, and one afternoon when I have absolutely nothing else to watch, I'll put it in.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Wow - so far the tally is a half dozen out of what, 20000 members?
The tumbleweeds are a-blowin' here in the town of Non Star Wars Fans. :) I'm glad I'm not totally alone on this one though, good to see I have some company in my SW indifference!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to give you a thumbs up. At least you all aren't seeing it because you have no interest. I've seen previous threads where people avoided seeing films specifically because they were popular, which is a silly reason IMO.

I've seen it twice already, so I can't contribute to your numbers.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Rick, everyone: We are a band of brothers, alone, facing a now-cruel HTF world. I am with you. My attitude toward these glorified video games-cum-"movies" is, at its most charitable, venomous. I believe Lucas did more than most others (excepting his buddy Steven) to halt the last great period of American film in the first half of the '70s and usher in the age of short-attention-span faux cinema. From such heights as The Conversation, A Clockwork Orange, and Chinatown to the depths of, basically, live-action cartoons. JB

GregoryM

Agent
Won't be seeing it in the theater. Probably just wait until in comes to HDHBO or HDShowtime, so that I don't have to pay anything extra for it.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I was willing to give the film a try, based upon reports of less Jar-Jar, but given the reviews; I'll pass. Those 3 hours ( including drive time ) can be put to far better use, revisiting a classic ( such as 2001: A Space Odyssey, which I haven't viewed since the DVD re-release. I can't imagine why I thought of that title. :)) or catching up on my unwatched pile of DVDs. In fact, I think I'll spend some time with some old favorites later today...
BTW, Here are a few links to articles that might amuse my fellow nay-sayers...
David Brin's essay on Star Trek vs. Star Wars ( when TPM premiered )
A side article by David Brin for Salon
A followup to the above articles by David Brin
And last, but not least...
A Case for the Empire
- Walter.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Loved those Brin articles, Walter! I've met the guy a few times. Also, it is good that you plan to screen 2001. I like that. :)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Walter, thanks so much for the Brin links. '"Star Wars" despots vs. "Star Trek" populists' was a great read.
I'm excited about Star Trek: Nemesis. If anyone here is attending E3, please pick me up one of these! ...
nemesiscd.jpg

From startrek.com:
Visitors to the annual video game trade conference and event (running from May 22-24) in Los Angeles will be able to stop by the Activision booth in the South Hall, Space #1224, and pick up a free CD-ROM of Nemesis material. Supplies are limited.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Rick, the Star Wars crowd can never hope to understand us, the Star Trek crowd. Light years separate the two. Far better to trust sound math and a working phaser than the, um, "force." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks