What's new

A trick to try on Mario 64 (1 Viewer)

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Some of you may still have Mario 64. I had it a few months after launch. After finishing the game, I was goofing around and found a neat little trick. I think you heard of some glitches to the game. For example, Mario has a hat trick. Well, dust off your Mario 64 and try this trick!! Okay here goes!!
You can send chomp chomp flying high up in the sky after you free him from the stake! This is tricky so it will take some time to get it.
First goto chomp chomp on the very first level and pound on the stake twice. Then go back to the begining of the level and pick up the small box. Walk to an incline and throw the box. You must recatch the box before
it breaks or the trick won't work. Make sure you have plenty of health and bring the box to chomp chomp.
Now you must drop the box next to the stake. This is what's going to send chomp chomp up into the air. There is two ways to drop the box. Either get hit by chomp chomp or jump and do a butt stomp.
Don't throw the the box! It has to be sitting very close to the stake.
After you drop the box next to the stake, you have a time limit. The box will disappear if you don't free chomp chomp from the chain. You must have the box in front of mario and let chomp chomp attack. He will charge to
the box and he will shoot upwards. The chain prevents him from going any higher. This is when you free him. He will fall back down to the box then he shoots on up to the sky! The faster you free him, the bounces he makes from coming back down will increase! When the box disappears, chomp chomp will reveal the star.
Post if you completed the trick. Its going to take practice, lots of practice! ;)
I sent this trick to EGM, or was it Gamefan, 4-5 years ago. It was never published. Maybe the trick was to hard.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I know how to make it appear that Mario is farting in the game.

Just run mario up into a corner where two walls meet. The start walking towards the intersection. Mario will then stop trying to walk and his legs will spread cery slowly as a small tuft of smoke or sumthin comes from between his legs, complete with the sound of air escaping.

Sick and childish trick, but it gets a laugh.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I know how to make it appear that Mario is farting in the game.
Sick and childish trick, but it gets a laugh.
Not at all. They made a whole game based upon shitting eggs. How can you not love Yoshi's Island for that very reason?!?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
True...the shitting eggs was good, but what made that game great was that the purpose of shitting the eggs was to throw them at others :)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
...and then eat them again only to shit them out again!
(let's see how many times we can type 'shit' in this thread ;))

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Not too many, the VChip in my head might go haywire.

I want to get this back on topic. It seems all "tricks" for Mario games, or Motimoyto games, are really just interesting bugs found in them. I think that speaks highly of the quality of the game that we all spend our time trying to find bugs, which are very few.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
It seems all "tricks" for Mario games, or Motimoyto games, are really just interesting bugs found in them.
Not mine. :D
Most of the bugs or glitches causes the game to freeze up. Mine is part of the game and its very hard to perform. Try throwing the box at any other character and see what happens. The box doesn't harm chomp chomp, but it sure sends him flying. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks