A-Train. Mike Alstott, Anthony Thomas, or Both

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by William Ward, Nov 16, 2001.

1. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

This week in the NFL is the battle of the A-Trains. But which one is the true A-Train??? Anthony Thomas or MIke Alstott. Alstott was in the league first. Both backs had the name in college. Or does anyone else think like me that it doesn't really matter and just let them be...
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

2. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Anthony Thomas is the way to go if you can only start one in Fantasy Football. With Dunn getting more and more back to 100%, Alstott only has a chance of scoring when it's 1st and goal on the 2 yard line.
    Other than that, I suspect Dunn will be the man for TB.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

3. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

Alstott has prior claim, I'll admit. However I'm a UM fan and I'll always think of Thomas as the A-Train. Alstott can continue to be known by that ironic handle, "Good Hands". [​IMG]

4. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

I would choose Anthony Thomas. Alstott has had a good game, but he seems more prone to fumble.
    ------------------
    Best, Sam

5. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

Being a poster on the Buccaneers board it irks me that people are calling him everything from "thief" to "Johnny come lately". As if he sat back in the locker room a week before the season started and tried to find a nickname that he could steal.
    The one point at the BucsBB that nobody could top was the fact that the national media usually refer to Thomas as A-Train and Alstott as "Alstott" or "Good Hands". They always go back to the "first" thing....
    Thanks....
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

6. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

I never knew that Alstott was referred to as the A-Train. Did he have that name at Purdue, or just when he reached the NFL? I always think of Chris Berman saying "you're in good hands with Alstott".
    Being a Michigan fan, I always think of Anthony Thomas when I hear the nickname A-Train.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

7. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

The only entertainment value available to the Purdue football fan during the early '90s was watching Alstott plow through defensive lines and shouting "A-Train!". He definitely had the name first, and he still more closely resembles an actual train in my opinion.
    Actually, there was one other source of entertainment. At one game somebody chucked a tennis ball from the student section and hit coach Jim Colletto on the head. Good times. Good times.
    Brad