What's new

A-Train. Mike Alstott, Anthony Thomas, or Both (1 Viewer)

William Ward

Supporting Actor
This week in the NFL is the battle of the A-Trains. But which one is the true A-Train??? Anthony Thomas or MIke Alstott. Alstott was in the league first. Both backs had the name in college. Or does anyone else think like me that it doesn't really matter and just let them be...
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

MikeM

Screenwriter
Anthony Thomas is the way to go if you can only start one in Fantasy Football. With Dunn getting more and more back to 100%, Alstott only has a chance of scoring when it's 1st and goal on the 2 yard line.
Other than that, I suspect Dunn will be the man for TB.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Alstott has prior claim, I'll admit. However I'm a UM fan and I'll always think of Thomas as the A-Train. Alstott can continue to be known by that ironic handle, "Good Hands".
tongue.gif

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
I would choose Anthony Thomas. Alstott has had a good game, but he seems more prone to fumble.
------------------
Best, Sam

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Being a poster on the Buccaneers board it irks me that people are calling him everything from "thief" to "Johnny come lately". As if he sat back in the locker room a week before the season started and tried to find a nickname that he could steal.
The one point at the BucsBB that nobody could top was the fact that the national media usually refer to Thomas as A-Train and Alstott as "Alstott" or "Good Hands". They always go back to the "first" thing....
Thanks....
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I never knew that Alstott was referred to as the A-Train. Did he have that name at Purdue, or just when he reached the NFL? I always think of Chris Berman saying "you're in good hands with Alstott".
Being a Michigan fan, I always think of Anthony Thomas when I hear the nickname A-Train.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The only entertainment value available to the Purdue football fan during the early '90s was watching Alstott plow through defensive lines and shouting "A-Train!". He definitely had the name first, and he still more closely resembles an actual train in my opinion.
Actually, there was one other source of entertainment. At one game somebody chucked a tennis ball from the student section and hit coach Jim Colletto on the head. Good times. Good times.
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks