What's new

A tough diagnostic digital connection question... (1 Viewer)

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony 7700 DVD digital out to Proceed AVP, using Monster digital audio interconnect.

I get severe dropouts with PCM audio, and there are problems recognizing DTS tracks, but once the system locks on, its fine. No problem with Dolby Digital. No problem with analog processing of PCM tracks.

The question is where is the problem? Is it with the DVD player, the DVD digital out connection, the interconnect or with the AVP.

How do I figure it out? - I could try another interconnect, but I doubt this is the problem. I could buy another DVD player to try out and return if the problem is with the processor. Or, I could take the Proceed for a repair (costly and would take the longest) Does this seem like a reasonable way to proceed.

Thanks

RicP

Screenwriter
Try another interconnect as thats the cheapest thing to replace.

If that doesn't help then to me all things point to the Proceed. The DVD player seems fine if the analog outs work and Dolby Digital works out of the digital outs.

Do you have any other gear that has a digital out?

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ric,

I could try hooking my cd player with digital out to the proceed and see if there are any problems. I'll also call proceed and see if there have been any issues.

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,

Again, I would strongly consider the cable that you are using, particularly if it is coaxial. I had the same problem. Mine had a bad solder connection at the tip.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Even quality cables can have a solder joint crack/break or other mechanical problems. Try a inexpensive Radio Shack video cable as a test. Should run you less than $20. Just make sure it's a video cable so you get a 75 ohm coax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks