What's new

A tough choice.. I need advice!!! (1 Viewer)

Will New

Auditioning
Hey All,

I have been given two offers and needs some advice.

1) Samsung DLP HL-P4663W w/ a 5 year warranty for $1,500
NO HD tuner, but better overall price and warranty

2) Samsung DLP HL-R5087W w/ a 3 year warrant for $2,000
Bigger screen, HD tuner, but more expensive.

Both ar great TVs, but I can't decide.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Once u get the smaller one, u will always look back and say ..."wish I got the 50 inch!" So Will, just go bigger.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I have to agree......$500 may seem like a lot of cash but the second option is a "better" TV and it is bigger and includes the tuner.

With that said though.....what is the price of the next bigger set in the **63 line? Personaly I would go with that one and get the tuner through th satelite/cable company and save money that way......unless the next size up is more expensive....than it is a no brainer.

Will New

Auditioning
Hmm..so if I have comcast cable, but I decide not to use their box. Would the internal box be sufficient? Sorry, I'm new to this and this will be very helpful in determining which tv to buy.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
First go with the larger screen, you'll never look back and wonder, and second if it's compatible with Comcast, then yes it should be sufficient. But you are not married to it and external box will hook up just as good via component or HDMI.

Will New

Auditioning
NOw that is something i didn't consider. Hmm, with this information I can consider other 50inch samsung DLPs.

thanks for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks