What's new

A toot and a whistle, a plunk and a boom. (1 Viewer)

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
This is the title of a charming Disney educational short that was shown to us in grade school on 16 mm and it has also played on the Disney Channel (back when it was good). It is about the history of music over time and features an owl teaching other birds in a holo tree. It's really neat and has good music. Does anyone know where this can be found? I heard it was a SP on Make Mine Music but it is not. Is it an easter egg on something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
That short is in the Fantasia 2000 DVD. I do not know whether the disc is OOP.

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
The problem with "Toot" and with "Grand Caynonscope" is both are on 16:9 dvds but the cartoons are letterboxed in 4:3 for scope!!!!

Why oh why Disney, Why oh why?

"Grand" is on 20th Leagues Under the Sea. Both cartoons were early Cinemascope Disney efforts with full four track stereo Cinemascope spec'd sound.

John

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Right, on Fantasia 2000. This short is hilarious, and very educational. I usually show people the Firebird Suite for showing off and this short for laughs.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Real Name
Patrick McCart
While "Toot" is non-anamorphic, it still looks very good. This cannot be said for the awful transfer used for Grand Canyonscope. However, both at least retain the original directional stereo audio.

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
LOL

I had the Fantasia Boxed set all this time and I did not even know it was on there.

Yes I see how obviously it is missing picture on the sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davido626
Recent bookmarks