A toot and a whistle, a plunk and a boom.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by BryanV, May 9, 2004.

1. BryanV

BryanV Stunt Coordinator

This is the title of a charming Disney educational short that was shown to us in grade school on 16 mm and it has also played on the Disney Channel (back when it was good). It is about the history of music over time and features an owl teaching other birds in a holo tree. It's really neat and has good music. Does anyone know where this can be found? I heard it was a SP on Make Mine Music but it is not. Is it an easter egg on something?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    That short is in the Fantasia 2000 DVD. I do not know whether the disc is OOP.

3. John Whittle

John Whittle Stunt Coordinator

The problem with "Toot" and with "Grand Caynonscope" is both are on 16:9 dvds but the cartoons are letterboxed in 4:3 for scope!!!!

Why oh why Disney, Why oh why?

"Grand" is on 20th Leagues Under the Sea. Both cartoons were early Cinemascope Disney efforts with full four track stereo Cinemascope spec'd sound.

John

4. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

Right, on Fantasia 2000. This short is hilarious, and very educational. I usually show people the Firebird Suite for showing off and this short for laughs.

5. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    While "Toot" is non-anamorphic, it still looks very good. This cannot be said for the awful transfer used for Grand Canyonscope. However, both at least retain the original directional stereo audio.

6. Lars Vermundsberget

Lars Vermundsberget Supporting Actor

I guess it's reasonable to assume that both of them will be included in the Walt Disney Treasures eventually.

7. BryanV

BryanV Stunt Coordinator

LOL

I had the Fantasia Boxed set all this time and I did not even know it was on there.

Yes I see how obviously it is missing picture on the sides.