A ? to Boltz owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_Kr, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

Hopefully this is right spot, after a short amount of time I am noticing my divider/holder on each shelf does not stay snug anymore on shelfs where it is not full, is anyone else having this problem?

2. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

I am thinking about buying a multimedia rack from Boltz. I hope someone can shed light on this for both of us.

Question, are these good storage racks?

3. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Kevin,
    Are you talking about the piece of metal on each shelf that will Slide back and forth to hold smaller amounts of DVD's in place? If so no mine are not loose. You could call Boltz and I am sure that they would send you a replacement set of the "O" soft plastic rings free of charge or for next to nothing which would take care of your problem. A quick fix if you havnt thought about it would be to just buy enough DVD's to fill that rack [​IMG]
    If you are talking about the Rack itself being loose then something is not right and it must not have been tightened all the way (the bolts).
    Alan,
    As far as the Boltz Multimedia Racks go they are Great! I havnt had a problem with either my Rack or my expansion kit that I purchased from Boltz and they come fully assembled except for the feet & not the expansions. They are a little on the pricey side but IMO well worth every penny. Also new is that you can get the racks in Brushed steel or in Black.
    KyleS

4. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Kevin, I'm having the same issue. They're not incredibly loose, but I find that shortly after pushing them back so the DVDs stand straight up, they move over a bit.

Even with that, its still a nice rack. Its sturdy, its big, its expandable, it looks good, and I need more. Alas, I have no more room yet, so I'll make do til I move.

Kyle, that's an interesting suggestion you have. However undoing all those f***ing bolts to swap those things out would be a big pain. As it is I'd like to take those off the shelves that are full and put them on other shelves so I could divide up certain collections, but I'm not going to spend the time doing that until I add another expansion to it. I wish they had dividers that just snapped on.

5. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Keith,
    Yeah it would be a pain in the ass to take off all the bolts but when you guys an expansion kit you need to anyways so maybe that would be the time to do it? [​IMG]
    Wouldnt be that hard to make another "book end" if you just got a straight piece of steel and then put rubber stoppers that are rounded to fit the rack.
    KyleS