A Tiny Mighty (for the short term) ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidLC, Feb 15, 2003.

1. DavidLC

DavidLC Agent

Slowly building a system. Taking my time to listen and learn about each specific speaker purchase before I buy. So far I have Def Tech SM450's (mains), a C/L/R 2000 (center)and am using a 15-year-old set of Bose in back (last to be replaced). Just started researching subs so I want to take a few months to make up my mind. But - I want more bass. So, I am thinking of using a DLS 10" ($99) for a few months in a 14' X 17' X 8' carpeted room with a standard door opening at the rear.

Question - Can the "tiny mighty" fill the room adequately?

Next question (SVS related)- Is there a PB2-ISD in the works? If so, when will it be out?:b

2. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

The PB2-PLUS should be the next SVS box sub to roll out and yes the DLS will fill your room until your next purchase. My room is 24x12 with 10' ceilings. It has two entrances and two large openings on each side of one of the entrances. If you have a decent placement option the DLS will do well for you taking in mind that it is a budget sub.

3. DavidLC

DavidLC Agent

Steve -
    Thanks for the reply. I Went ahead with the order.
    I'll keep checking the SVS site. Hopefully we will see some posts soon regarding the PB1 & PB2 (wife says it has to be a box).

[​IMG]

4. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Tom V says the PB2-PLUS is being thermal tested up in Canada now. From my understanding and mails-Posts, this should be next to roll. 115 lbs and 125 lbs with baseplate. 24 1/2-H 28-D 17 or 18-W. Good size box to be sure. If you should go that rout? you can say "I tried to please you and went with the box".[​IMG]