What's new

A-Team The Complete Series Due on June 8th (1 Viewer)

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
I agree with Aryn. But, Universal needs to change the design of the packaging. I currently have Seasons 1-4. It would be nice if they released this set on Blu-ray. I'm so sick of these classic shows not getting a Blu-ray release.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by kemcha

I agree with Aryn. But, Universal needs to change the design of the packaging. I currently have Seasons 1-4. It would be nice if they released this set on Blu-ray. I'm so sick of these classic shows not getting a Blu-ray release.
It's a limited edition packaging. Odds are, the main release will come out a little later with boring old traditional packaging. Let us who want the A-Team van full of DVDs have our fun.

Also, about blu-ray... was A-Team edited on film or videotape? Because if it was edited on video, as most 80s and early 90s shows were, blu-ray is pointless. You can't polish crap.

Video edited shows would have to be re-assembled from film, assuming they were even shot on film, and all effects redone. That costs money... money which the studios may never make back from an old TV show.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
TOM, I seriously doubt that. Take a look at M*A*S*H, Northern Exposure, Miami Vice, Brady Bunch, Flintstones and many other of these special collector's sets, none of them have been released in a standard DVD packaging that will fit on your shelf. Those hideously ugly collector sets are still out there with no standard packaging.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Kemcha, the only two on your list that are Universal are Northern Exposure and Miami Vice; the rest are decisions by other studios. On the other hand, those two were both released in Nov. 2007, and this year I can point to the fact that Battlestar Galactica (2004) sets a different example for how Universal has handled Limited Edition package releases of a complete series more recently: with an LE first, then a standard box later. Will they do the same for A-Team that they did for BSG? I don't know yet...but then again you don't know that they won't, either.

Worst case scenario: if you don't like the packaging that's available, then buy the set for the DISCS, and then visit this site, buy the case of your choice, and put the discs in it (and design/print your own insert for the outside of the box, if you're up to it): http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case-multi.shtml

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man

It's a limited edition packaging. Odds are, the main release will come out a little later with boring old traditional packaging. Let us who want the A-Team van full of DVDs have our fun.

Also, about blu-ray... was A-Team edited on film or videotape? Because if it was edited on video, as most 80s and early 90s shows were, blu-ray is pointless. You can't polish crap.

Video edited shows would have to be re-assembled from film, assuming they were even shot on film, and all effects redone. That costs money... money which the studios may never make back from an old TV show.
I have all of the DVD-18 sets and the show looks great (transfers). I assume that it was edited on film. Compared to some other 80's TV/DVD sets, Matlock, etc, A-Team xfrs looks great.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Lambert

Good susggestion down-thread about getting our own DVD storage media if we want to "park" the van pkg. Sounds like a good Plan B for anyone here that want's more shelf space. Me, I have the space available since I'm only waiting for a few TV/DVD unreleased sets (the ones I'm waiting for may never get a release anyway :( Eight is Enough, How the West Was Won,,,, Batman, Green Hornet...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks