A Tale Of Two Sisters

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Jul 9, 2005.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Can anyone please compare the R3 Korean 2-disc digi-set with the R1/R2 Tartan release in terms of pq?

I've read online comparisons between the UK PAL & NTSC Tartan editions and R2 seems to be the way to go + I've also read comparisons between that R2 & R3 Hong Kong set, in which the R2 Tartan release also seems the way to go.

But not a single review that compares the transfer on the R3 Korean 2-disc DTS version and the R2 UK version.

Can anyone please help me out?

I love the digi packaging and all the screen caps I've seen displayed great resolution, but I can't really tell from a few still frame screen grabs...

What about in comparisson the the Tartan releases. Which is the best to opt for in terms of clarity & resolution, accurate color timing, black levels & contrast, lack of edge enhancement, subtitles, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Any help please?

R3 Korean ..VS.. R1 (or) R2?

3. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

i read somewhere that the r2 transfer was the best. However, not 100% sure just remember reading that a while back! [​IMG]

4. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

So far all of Tartan's (USA) releases have been PAL-NTSC conversion of the UK editions. Ghosting and all. DVDBeaver.com has comparisons of a few of them.