What's new

A suggestion for Netflix. (1 Viewer)

Will.MA

Stunt Coordinator

Yep, you guys were right. All before, If I dropped movies in the mail Thursday night in metro Boston, NF would receive them in Worcester on Saturday. They would also get my new selections out on Sat which I'd get on Monday. Instead, NF didn't acknowledge my Thursday-night dropoffs until Monday. Then they didn't ship out new movies until today. Evidently they have cut their operating costs to help battle competition from BB and others by decreasing the expense associated with their distribution efforts. Or maybe they needed the capital savings to expand the overall # of distro centers. Even if I am mistaken about the Saturday shipments, I'm absolute sure that they'd always get new movies out the same day as the old ones were received. Apparently those days are no more. Either way the change in operation has had a negative impact on this customer.

Currently my membership privlege gives me five movies out at a time. The two-day turn around I used to enjoy between the time I dropped movies in the mail until they were back at my door strongly influenced my decision to upgrade. I may have to reconsider that decision now that NF clearly has changed their procedure with regard to movie distribution. The extra day of lag isn't enough to drive me away but it may no longer be worth $30 a month as a result.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Wow, I wouldn't mind if Netflix lowered their prices again (wishful thinking). In my queue, Netflix estimates TWO days from ship to arrival now. From San Jose to Honolulu via 1st Class Mail, that's bold.

But I did get my next disc today, two days after shipping and it is the busiest shipping week of the year. Unless the ship date is an "estimate" and they actually get shipped out earlier.

Of course, I'm not complaining. Finally something positive and advantageous for someone not on the Continental US!

Update 12/23: I am convinced that USPS does have a deal with Netflix. Last night around 6:30pm my time, I went to our main Post Office and dropped off my disc. This morning I received the e-mail from Netflix saying they received it.

Update 12/29: Well, I'm sold. I don't know how Netflix and USPS do it but I've been getting my next item in my queue in ONE DAY via 1st Class Mail! After the USPS notifies Netflix that I returned an item, I don't know how it could take only one day to get to me unless it's being shipped Express even though it says First-Class on the envelope.

KathyS

Auditioning
Although the nearest Blockbuster distribution center is just an hour away, it takes 3 days on the average to get my movies to them from time of mailing and from them from when it enters shipping status. Keep in mind that I do not live in a rural area by any means so mail is quickly processed in my area. If the USPS alerts them, they arent shipping any faster because if I mail a DVD back in the AM, it should be there the very next day and the next movie should be in shipping only a few hours later.

No doubt that Netflix is way ahead of Blockbuster with turn around time but if someone is mainly a weekend movie renter, Blockbuster offers the better deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks