A Study In Terror

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PatH, Oct 2, 2004.

1. PatH

PatH Second Unit

Has this Ellery Queen Sherlock Holmes pastiche ever made it to DVD? Starred John Neville as Holmes and dealt with his pursuit of Jack the Ripper. Different from Murder By Decree. Thanks!

PatH

2. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

It's never been released to DVD, and the rights are owned by Columbia, so we may be waiting for awhile. I would buy this one on the release date if made available.

3. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Not one of the best Jack the Ripper films, but I'd buy it if available.

4. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I really like this film and owned the laser disc. Sony/Columbia dribbles its catalog titles out at 2-3 per month - possibly a good business decision but frustrating for us classic film fans - and this is one of those rather obscure little titles that we may not even see on DVD at all. Who knows? I wonder about WHO'S MINDING THE MINT and THE HELLSTROM CHRONICLE and DON'T CRY, IT'S ONLY THUNDER and many other superior films that Columbia never even got around to issuing on laser disc. With their purchase of MGM, and thus a whole new set of priorities within their already screwed-up home video division, the liklihood of seeing such films resurface is all the more grim. We can write and call and e-mail until blue in the face, but as we at HTF know, Sony/Columbia could give a rat's ass about the requests of its knowledgable buyers.