A strange idea for TV DVD Extras...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jan 2, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

As I'm converting more TV to DVD, here's a question.

I'm finding that for the shows 10 years or so in age, I'm wanting to keep many of the commercials. Some of the more memorable ones, at least, that you've seen during your childhood days over and over again. Hell, some of the cereal commercials evolved and had little serial plots of their own. For instance, reember the 3 Chef cereal from the early 90's? They got rid of the two other Chefs, and kept the short fat one around instead.

Or the anti-drug commercial, "I don't wanna be pea soup...", that had a rubber chicken in it for some reason, heh. Or shows characters doing local public service anouncments.

In some cases, the commercials are almost as nostalgic as the shows. The companies could also include any show bumpers that where aired as a show went to, or from a commercial break. Naturally, all this stuff wouldn't be in the show itself, but in some of the extras area.

Weird idea?

2. Beast

Beast Second Unit

Nostalgic, sure. Possible, probably not. Especially since they would actually have to pay those companies for the rights to include their commercials on the discs. Even "TV Land" that shows the occassional vintage commercial doesn't do it often, and only the really memorable ones. [​IMG]