1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A Special Thank You to Outlaw Audio, SVSSubs, QSCAudio, Bettercables, Showoffdisplays

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregg Loewen, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    I just wanted to make a quick mention and offer a heart felt THANK YOU to the many sponsors and advertisers that helped to make the HTF NATIONAL LA MEET special. I am sure others will be writing with more specifics.
    Outlaw Audio. Peter and Scott. Scott flew in for the Fox Day and stayed for the banquet. He brought with him a 1050 Receiver as a give away. Also 2 $100 gift certificates for give away. In addition Outlaw Audio provided a coupon for their new 950 Preamp which was auctioned off to benefit the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. We raised $777 for them. The preamp will be shipping by Thanksgiving.
    SVS Subwoofers. Ron was supposed to attend the meet but due to work commitments (from his real job ) had to bow out at the last minute. Ron arranged to a 20-39 PC to be demoed at Dave's Studio Day and at the Banquet. SVS also gave away a sub as a door prize.
    QSC Audio's John Gordon and Barry Ferrell. These guys are great. John was planning on attending some of the functions and when they found out we had some studios cancelling tours they invited us out to their state of the art manufacturing facility. It was kewl!! They can custom build any amp to your specifications and can even ship the same day if necessary. Many dont know just how big QSC is. They have 400 employees and are the #1 supplier of theater amplifiers in the world. John also hung with us at Fox. Barry came to the Banquet and was kind enough to not only bring cables, but the new QSC Loudspeakers and DCA amps to power them for the demo room. This gear mated will with Outlaw's receiver and ICBM unit
    BetterCables, Brad. Brad gave mouse pads and pens to everybody. In addition, Bettercables supplied 5 $100 gift certificates as door prizes. The analogue interconnects in the demo room were also supplied by Bettercables. Thanks again Brad!
    Laser's Edge. Thanks Mark!! Laser's Edge, another of HTFs official sponsor's supplied many DVDs as give aways at the Banquet.
    Showoffdisplays.com Rick and Shari. Rick and Shari set up a nice demo table at the Banquet. They have a great new SVS plaque that will be available very soon. Use the code HTF to get 10% off your order during the month of October. Showoffdisplays also provided many give aways at the banquet.
    One last thank you to Joe Kane, of Video Essentials fame! Joe gave an excellent presentation on HD at the banquet. Joe even won a bettercable gift certificate and then donated it to the raffle for the American Red Cross. Mr Kane, you are one classy guy. Thank you.
    Gregg
    PS: More info and thread links in the Software area.
    ------------------
    The Sonodome
    The Newest Sonotube
    Gregg's DVDs
    The Family Units

2. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Sounds like it was a great event.

3. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

Glad the event was a success.
    Maybe next year I will be there.
    ------------------
    Trevor..[​IMG]
    My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
    *Outdated new pictures
    due to recent upgrades!
    **Equipment list current

4. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I must agree! The donations and participation of those mentioned above really made our goodbye dinner extra special. Many thanks to all of them, where else would you see a fine lady walk away with an SVS Sub? [​IMG]
    Dan (UK)

5. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Now we do want pictures of the "fine lady" that got the sub. [​IMG]
    Wish I could have been there. It sounded like it was a blast!

6. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
  7. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

Thanks to all involved, as well as the organizers.

8. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    Yes...
    A big THANK YOU to all the sponsors of this forum....
    Without you, we wouldn't have been able to pull off such a great event this year...
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    Steven R. Simon
    HTF Administrator
    Theater Pics Updated 9-11-2001
    Send Email:
    [email protected]

9. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Indeed!
    I big thank you to everyone involved. SVS, Outlaw and Bettercables have always show themselves to be class acts-- it was nice to see QSC dive in and help out as well.
    Three cheers!
    -Vince
    ------------------
    http://www.musicianassist.com
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here