What's new

A sound of Thunder (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Looks like a film right up my alley. Just watched the trailer and loved it. Not one I'll see in the theater but I'll buy the dvd.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
What happened to this? I thought it was coming out this week and when I checked moviefone for times, it said it doesn't come out unitl December! Anyone know what's up with it?

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Chances of this being anything but a guilty pleasure (enjoyably cheesy F/X movie with monsters) are low. Release date has been bumped multiple times, and marketing for it - when it had a set release date - was extremely low key. I'm hoping for something like Relic or Deep Blue Sea; not Oscar material, but fun for the genre and B-movie elements.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't it supposed to come out last year? What was the reason it got held back so much? The trailer is the same as I remember from last year, so it's not like they redid all the cheesy CGI.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Maybe it'll go straight to dvd and skip the theater all together? Highly doubtful, I know, but it looks like it'd make for a great dvd.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

I didn't know there was a new trailer? I thought they were still playing the same one from last September.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
It is the same trailer. They're just playing it again, a year later. Same thing happened with Mindhunters. I just saw a trailer for it again recently, and said to a friend I was with, "Wasn't this "coming soon" a year ago?"

AlexCremers

Second Unit
Dark scenes in a park and monsters. Mmmm. Be honest, does this really looks promising to you? From the trailer this movie looks very "el cheapo" (bad). It doesn't wet my appetite one bit.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I loved the short story. It looks like that will be the first 20 (or so) minutes of the film, while the point of it is already given away in the announcement.

Also, by grossly exaggerating the effect of the faux pas, it effectively becomes less menacing.
Mmm.

Cees

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I love the trivia from imdb.com:
One major reason for the film's long delay is that the original production company went bankrupt during post-production, and there simply wasn't money to finish the film.
Production was slowed when severe floods in the summer of 2002 in the Czech Republic caused considerable damage to the set.
Renny Harlin left to direct the film Mindhunters (2004) instead.
This film was originally set for release in 2003.

Also; does anyone remember The Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" segment which was a takeoff of the Ray Bradbury story? Homer keeps going back in time, messes with history and keeps trying to fix it. That was a classic.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit

Yeah, that was great. He eventually comes back and everything is fine except his family has snake tongues. "Meh, close enough" :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks