What's new

A song from the upcoming Slipknot album is online! (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if any of you people care, but a song from Slipknot's new album, Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses), has been posted on their official site. The song is called "Pulse Of The Maggots" and it can be downloaded by going to either http://sk.radiotakeover.com//6858722...45/maggot2.rto or http://www.metabolic666.com/mp3/pulseofthemaggots.mp3.

This is definitely different than anything that Slipknot has ever done. It isn't extremely heavy, the production by Rick Rubin is really good, Corey really doesn't scream that much, and they even throw some guitar solos into the song! I think it's a good song, especially because it's so much different than anything they have ever done.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Duality, the first single, and of course hearing the whole album on May 25th.

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
eh...I dig Slipknot, but I am not a fan of this song at all..

The song sounds more like a Stone Sour song(who I like)more than a slipknot song..Corey's voice just isnt cutting it right now for Slipknot...the solo was out of place and pretty weak too...not impressed..but still looking forward to the new album..

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I have to agree... It really didn't do anything for me... Still looking forward to the new album, but this song was well.....weak. To me it sounded like they threw together some riffs that didn't fit in any of the others songs and put them together to get this song..... I think the singers voice needs to go lower.... I don't know, just wasnt impressed....

Edit... After listening to it a couple dozen more times...it is kinda growing on me.....Still can't wait to hear the rest of the album...

R~

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
OK, I have a few things to tell you all about...

1. Duality will hit radio on April 19

2. The cover art for Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) has been revealed...

3. The new masks have been revealed...

4. Slipknot will be on NBC's The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on Monday, May 17. Seriously. I am not kidding!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Tony..

Have you had a chance to listen to any of the other new songs yet?????? If so what do you think of them???

R~

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Rhett, I have now heard Duality, the first single. The sound quality was crappy, but here is what I think...

This definitely sounds like a single. However, I really have a feeling that this song will be VERY SUCCESSFUL!!! This song really feels like Wait and Bleed mixed in with Left Behind (Ironically their two most successful singles) and a little Stone Sour for some reason, and I actually think it's pretty damn good and VERY catchy. The song has the same style as Wait and Bleed, the heaviness of Left Behind (somewhat toned down), and the vocal styles of Stone Sour. So all this said, I actually find this song to be MUCH BETTER than Pulse Of The Maggots, and I am REALLY looking forward to hearing more.

You can download Duality by going to http://www.metabolic666.com/mp3/Duality.mp3

Also, there will be more songs posted on Slipknot's official site in the coming weeks. Here is a schedule of the songs that will be posted...

April 20 - Welcome
April 27 - Duality
April 27 - Don't Get Close (A B-Side from the new album)

Don't Get Close is already up on the net, because it was in the MTX: Mototrax video game recently. You can download it from http://www.dahmerproject.com/slipkno..._Get_Close.mp3. I definitely think Don't Get Close is the weakest of the 3 songs I have heard so far, and I am glad that it will be left off the album.

Also, Metabolic666.com reports that you will be able to buy the mask pictured on the cover of the new album at Slipknot shows! Now that is a great idea! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I have now heard the album version of Duality. The sound quality is much better than the version I previously posted, however I do think it is quite compressed. But hey, most rock these days is compressed. Other than the compression, I really like Rick Rubin's production job on this song.

My opinion of this song is much better now. Seriously, this is one of the most catchy songs I've ever heard in my life.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I'm the only one who posts stuff here. But anyways, I have some new information for you all! (Mainly Rhett)

Here's the track listing for Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

1. Prelude 3.0
2. The Blister Exists
3. Three Nil
4. Duality
5. The Opium Of The People
6. Vermillion
7. Pulse Of The Maggots
8. Welcome
9. Circle
10. Before I Forget
11. The Nameless
12. Vermillion Part 2
13. The Virus Of Life
14. Danger, Keep Away

And here's a listing of all the upcoming events at Slipknot1.com...

April 20th: Welcome will be available for streaming and the new bio of the band set up.
April 27th: Duality and Don't Get Close will be available for streaming and a chatroom set up.
May 11th: New songs available for streaming, also videos of the band in the studio.
May 24th: Vol. 3 in stores. You'll be able to to visit new sections of the website with the multimedia part of the album. Contest dates and chat sessions with members dates will be available. Also, the picture gallery will be put online.
June 8th: Owners of the new CD will be able to see exclusive pictures of the recording sessions of the album.
June 22nd: You'll be able to see Maggots creations, who sent their pictures, drawings, tatoos, etc...
July 6th: Members of Slipknot will show you their activities outside of the band.
July 28th: You'll be able to mix Slipknot songs and maybe win an original mask.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Tony...

Ha, thanks for the info, I haven't been online for the past couple of days, computer crashed, complete reinstall...major pain..........but anyways.....

I know I will be picking this one up, just because it is slipknot!!!!

R~

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Rhett, I heard Duality on the radio tonight, so keep an ear open for it! I know that you will like it.

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
Duality is definitley the best of the bunch of I have heard off of the new album...a 3 song promo leaked on MIRC..so the full album shouldnt be far behind...

The new stuff still has a Stone Sour vibe to it, IMO

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Alan, what is the 3rd song on that promo? The promo I've heard only has two songs on it. The radio edit and the album version of Duality.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Does anybody have a copy or know where I can hear it at... KNAC.com hasn't played it yet while I have been listening..... Frustrating I tell yeah....

R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks