What's new

A 'Sneek Peak' of what's to come... (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Thanks Mark. I've seen your theater also. My bedroom looks alot like yours. I love your speakers. Looks like they can really rock.

Darren_T

Second Unit
Hey Erik,

Just another post from a neighbor. I didn't realize so many of us were in the Puget Sound area. I'm in Auburn, just bought a new home with property and will be adding a HT room soon. I'll have to keep an eye on your site since you've gone through everything I'll be doing in the next year or so.

Darren

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Darren, congrats on the new house and property! There are a few of use around, we'll be looking to hook up soon and have a BBQ and movie night so stay alert!

I like your website btw! :D

E

Darren_T

Second Unit
Thanks for the compliments!

Two of my favorite things, movies and BBQ's. Did I hear Margaritas? :)

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Darren!

I live in Maple Valley. I really liked your site, and those enclosures are gorgeous! :D Good luck with your HT, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Cheers,
Dan

Darren_T

Second Unit
Thanks Dan,

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. For now I'll be setting it up in my family room but I'm drawing up plans for an addition of about 21' X 16' for the dedicated room.

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
Oh man...that's going to be just an ideal size for a sweet theater! I'm jealous of you and Erik! :wink:

Cheers,
Dan

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Darren, I REALLY like that Tempest Sub enclosure you made! My wife would let that one in our family room for sure! :emoji_thumbsup: We may have to hook up soon...I like woodworking too...but I'm NOWHERE near your ability or talent!!!

And can't wait to see your theater take shape...Dan would love to help you out too! :laugh: ...ah I'm just messin'...let us know if we can help buddy! :D

E

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
He mocks me....

I'll remember that offer should I decide to start knocking down walls and violate codes and CCRs! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Ha ha..but alas if you attempted that trick my "Speakerman Alarm" would be set off! :D It detects anyone who knows a thing or two about speakers and warns me so I don't try to sound like I know what I'm talking about! ;)

E

Darren_T

Second Unit
I take it Dan did some funky wiring at one time? :) Oh, that sub is for sale by the way . I'm going to build a new one because I have the itch. If you know anyone local that would be interested I'd be happy to deliver it. I'll probably be asking about $600 for it or so. It is a Tempest Adire Alignment 214L ported enclosure. It hits well below 20hz with authority. Love that sub but you know how it gets when you want to build again :)

I'd welcome any help I can get too. I'm trying to design the theater with two rows of seating in mind and have certain requirements etc... I really like what you've done with your theater. I'm really on the fence right now. I will either be buying a replacement rear projection TV or a projector... can't decide. Everyone is raving about the InFocus X1 at it's sub 1k price and how nice it is but I won't have my dedicated room for a little while and I'm afraid of the ambient light situation. Also people say there are flashes of color or "rainbows". I don't like freaky artifacts What projector did you get Erik?

I'd love to see your theater sometime. I'm sure I'd have tons of annoying questions for ya.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks