What's new

A SNEAK PEEK AT EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just saw the email that Experiment in Terror will be available for pre-order from Screen Archives. I just saw the older DVD earlier this year and was hoping for a blu ray someday! Great news. With a black and white film like this, hopefully it will be a rich harvest and have lots of good contrast and shadow detail!

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
haineshisway said:
I think you could ask 1000 people under the age of thirty who Ford is and they would not be able to tell you, other than maybe one or two who might recognize the name from the Donner Superman film. I find him virtually unknown today by most people, just like McCrea. Both worked for major directors and both gave great performances consistently in a large number of films. Then again, I've met kids today who have no idea who Cary Grant is.
I'm 24 but could easily identify Glenn Ford around the age of 17/18 when I was on my first excursion into noir, recognising him from Gilda mainly and more recently The Big Heat. I only realised it's old Glenn Ford in Superman a couple of years back. So it depends who you ask. Rest assured when all you old fossils are long gone there will still be a few of us carrying the torch for these forgotten greats.

Most people who know Glenn Ford would say Gilda. Little do genre fans know that Glenn Ford was in a piece of tripe film called The Visitor - any Code Red fans know Glenn Ford ?? :)
Cmon out !! :D

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
EddieLarkin said:
Rest assured when all you old fossils are long gone there will still be a few of us carrying the torch for these forgotten greats.
Thank you. I feel reassured!

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Nelson Au said:
I just saw the email that Experiment in Terror will be available for pre-order from Screen Archives. I just saw the older DVD earlier this year and was hoping for a blu ray someday! Great news. With a black and white film like this, hopefully it will be a rich harvest and have lots of good contrast and shadow detail!
Didn't you read my post that began this thread? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks