A simple offer of condolences to our Australian members...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dwayne, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

***NOTE***
    I DO NOT WISH FOR THIS THREAD TO BECOME A BREEDING GROUND FOR POLITICAL RHETORIC.

I just wanted to state that I'm deeply saddened by the recent terror attack in Bali. Many people (mostly Australian), simply on vacation, were brutally slain in a nightclub bombing.

As I learned with Sept. 11th, one doesn't have to "personally" know any of the victims or their families to feel such loss. An attack on one, is an attack on all.

My heart goes out to the victims, their families, and to all the Australian people.

Sincerely,

Dwayne

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

These innocent victims were doing some of the best things that humans do....dancing and having fun in a large group.
    I am sorry we have have lost them.

3. Tim Fleming

Tim Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Louiza Zervos - RIP [​IMG]

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Well said. This was a horrible incident. To murder people enjoying life is just unfathomable. [​IMG]

5. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

My sympathies to our Australian and New Zealand friends, as well. I lived for several years in Adelaide and Sydney and often traveled to New Zealand on business. Fortunately none of my friends or colleagues were in Bali at the time, so I am relieved for them, but saddened for those who have lost friends and loved ones.

It is doubly tragic, when we consider the location of the bombing. To put this in context for Americans, it would be roughly equivalent to bombing Fort Lauderdale or Padre Island during Spring Break.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you on this sad occasion.

6. Matty Bradshaw

tragic event, after hearing what was mixed into the bomb they certainly intended to do major damage.

Lew, what part of Adelaide did you live in?

7. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

8. Matty Bradshaw

Lew
    Small world

I live at Glenelg East, about a 2 minute walk from jetty road and we used to run along the Esplanade when i played baseball. Off to Mclaren Vale next weekend, I will have a Shiraz for you.

9. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Perhaps condolences to the Balinese would not go amiss? After all there were many Balinese among the casualties as well.

I was there recently on my honeymoon and found them to be gentle, warm and generous people. Unfortunately, the actions of a few nutcases has now endangered the livelihoods of thousands of honest, hardworking people.