What's new

A Simple Favor (2018) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Nitpick that didn't occur to me until I saw the film a 2nd time:

There's a scene in which Stephanie gets "stuck" in Emily's dress. The dress fits her very tightly...

...which it shouldn't, given that Emily is about 5 feet taller than Stephanie. That dress should look huge on her.

Since Kendrick looks stupid hot in that dress, I won't complain too much, but it doesn't make sense!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I watched the supplements. looks like they all had a lot of fun making the movie. The clothes were fabulous, bit surprised the director didn't have a cameo (like Hitch).

In one of the commentaries, Feig reveals he does appear onscreen - as an unintentional reflection in a bus window, IIRC! :D

So he's in there! :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I haven't listened to the commentaries yet. Surprised he didn't put himself in one of the scenes with Dennis Nylon!

IMO, the Feig solo commentary is the best of the bunch, and then the "production commentary".

The "actors commentary" is also good, but it's the least informative of the bunch.

Expect some repetition across the three, mainly because Feig makes some of the same comments every time! You'd think he'd understand he only has to say these remarks in one commentary.

Still, all three remain informative and enjoyable, so I can forgive that "sin"...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ha.
This movie was terrific fun.

I didn’t expect that there would be this much humor.
The scene near the end made me actually laugh out loud.

Btw the simple mention of the other movie this is similar to might be very spoilery butnyeah this is a funny version of that movie.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My wife and I went into it thinking it was going to be a lot more serious but we were both pleasantly surprised at it's humor. Definitely something we will watch again. Though I think if it could have been improved a bit had it gone even further into it's satirical tone. But as it stands it was very enjoyable.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I laughed way more than I expected; somewhat routine thriller, but the way it uses humor and satire and the actors sold it so well.. very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks