Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: A Simple Favor

Tagline: Can you keep a secret?

Genre: Thriller, Crime, Mystery

Director: Paul Feig

Cast: Anna Kendrick, Blake Lively, Henry Golding, Andrew Rannells, Linda Cardellini, Eric Johnson, Sarah Baker, Ian Ho, Kelly McCormack, Glenda Braganza, Cyndy Day, Kerry-Lee Finkle, Gia Sandhu, Zach Smadu, Joshua Satine, Rupert Friend, Jean Smart, Aparna Nancherla, Bashir Salahuddin, Andrew Moodie, Paul Jurewicz, Roger Dunn

Release: 2018-09-13

Runtime: 119

Plot: Mommy vlogger Stephanie joins her best friend Emily's husband, Sean, to investigate her sudden disappearance from their small town.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sunday afternoon for me. I'm not wildly enthusiastic about it, but you generally can't go wrong with Kendrick and Lively. Rannells is an added bonus for me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was okay. I like Anna Kendrick, but more in supporting roles, than in leading roles, I guess, and this movie didn't change my mind. In some ways, the movie kept reminding me of "Gone Girl" in spots. Just with less directorial flair.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just reserved my Movie Pass ticket for this from my local e-ticketing theater. I am seeing it today. I like both Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
We are going to see 'A Simple Favor' this afternoon with a couple of friends. Really looking forward to this one.

It will be only the 5th film I've seen in a theater this year.

Mark

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Such a great movie. Lively and Kendrick are perfect together and this one kept me fully engaged for the full running time. Funny as heck in some parts and then downright cold in others. Well worth the week postponement for us.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw this today as well with a mostly empty room -- maybe 20 or so other people there -- but I really liked it and found it highly engaging throughout. Highly recommended from me too.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
We loved 'A Simple Favor' and we are already planning to show it in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater in (probably) January or so.

The Booth Bijou gives it 4.5 out of 5 stars. GO SEE IT!

Mark

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Who doesn't like Anna Kendrick? I'd marry her tomorrow if she'd have me! :)

It's funny you say that. I was talking to a friend over the weekend and he said he didn't like Kendrick because she seemed too straight laced and monotone. I argued she usually plays "good" characters which manifest in a 1950s-ish housewife way. I don't think I've ever seen her in a role I didn't like (movies I didn't like...yes, but not her fault).

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's funny you say that. I was talking to a friend over the weekend and he said he didn't like Kendrick because she seemed too straight laced and monotone. I argued she usually plays "good" characters which manifest in a 1950s-ish housewife way. I don't think I've ever seen her in a role I didn't like (movies I didn't like...yes, but not her fault).

When I saw "PP 2" with a friend in 2015, I told her how smitten I was with Kendrick.

She stated that she didn't understand my attraction to Kendrick and thought Rebel Wilson was the more appealing of the 2.

Not enough :eek: emojis in the world to cover that discussion...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I liked her the first time I saw her in Up in the Air. When I found out she could actually sing and was fake bad singing in that karaoke scene, that just sealed the deal. :)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Watched this for the first time today (on UHD). Routine thriller with a story line you will have seen a thousand times before. However, the film has a certain style and panache, and the performances are good. Also quite a good ending.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Watched this for the first time today (on UHD). Routine thriller with a story line you will have seen a thousand times before. However, the film has a certain style and panache, and the performances are good. Also quite a good ending.

It also infuses more humor than most. It's probably better as a comedy than as a thriller!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks