What's new

a sign of hope?? Grocery store story (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
So, I just got back from visiting my parents for a week in Colorado. We happened to go into one of the City Market grocery stores in one of the fairly small towns in the area. I was blown away to notice that they had the widescreen version of Chicago. I mentioned it to the cashier, commending her store for carrying widescreen. She mentioned that most of their customers perferred widescreen and also that widescreen is better. It may have been one store in one small town, but it gave me hope.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I work at CVS. The few new release DVDs we carry, we always have the MAR version only (if separate versions are available). Last week, I noticed that we actually had at least one widescreen copy of Chicago. I was amazed. Maybe it's our new store manager who's behind it?

On another grocery store-related DVD note, I went to a different grocery store than I normally do to go shopping this week. As I was in line I noticed something that proved to me DVD IS now mainstream (as if I didn't know it before). In those little magazine holders next to the cashier where you normally see TV Guide, or the small soap opera magazines, this store had 4 of those holders with DVDs in them! I thought it was kind of funny. I noticed the top 2 had a WHV sign on them, and 1 of the bottom 2, I saw copies of the new Animal House Double Secret Probation edition (marked $19.99, the MSRP). Didn't check to see if it was the WS or not, though. Didn't see any of the other titles they had, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks